Is This Acid Indigestion for the Long Haul?

mil510
on 8/11/12 9:07 am
So, I'm 9 1/2 months out--my loss has been slow and steady, pretty much as I want it.  I had a bit of a stall last month while travelling abroad but have gone back to slowly losing. It seems to all be going well and fairly easy (albeit lots of lifestyle changes and lots of working out).  My big remaining question is whether acid indigestion will go on forever?  I can eat pretty much anything, but am keeping it healthy.  My real problem is after meat--that pure protein just inevitably causes the acid which is annoying and I would guess not so healthy in the long-term.  Any advice? 

acbbrown
on 8/11/12 9:11 am - Granada Hills, CA
 I'm 14 mo out and still suffering. I can't imagine it going away but who knows...maybe I'll get lucky. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

novascotiadawn
on 8/11/12 11:13 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I'm 4+ years out and still suffer, if meds aren't taken properly.

Donna

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

rhearob
on 8/11/12 11:22 am - TN
 Many people do have permanent acid problems after VSG.  It has to do with the alteration of the upper curvature of the fundus and is not completely understood yet.  I still take over the counter Prilosec.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

mil510
on 8/12/12 9:05 pm
 Thanks.  I have to check in with my surgeon--his instructions were originally 1 day for 6 months.  Do you take more than 1 day?  

loverofcats
on 8/11/12 1:15 pm, edited 8/10/12 6:16 pm
I am almost 2 years out and I still take a protonix daily.

Because our stomachs are smaller, there just isn't enough room for the acid to spread out.
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/12 5:51 pm - Greater Austin Area
VSG on 02/03/12
I'm sorry you and so many others are going through this. I'm 6 months out and suffer with acid IF I forget to take my Prilosec. If I take it, I don't have any symptoms of acid/heartburn at all. I just worry about the long-term effects of taking a daily PPI, but I will probably be having to take one a day until I die if I want to keep it at bay.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 66 views