The most expensive thing about VSG...And Quite possibly TMI

rhearob
on 8/19/12 4:15 pm, edited 8/19/12 4:30 pm - TN
 Is UNDERWEAR.

I can buy clothes on sale, or in consignment/thrift stores.  I can shop in Thomas closet (for some Items, I am 5 inches taller than he is).  

Food is no big deal.  I know how to shop for that - Please I was 350 lbs.  I KNOW how to buy food.  Vitamins, figured that one out too.

But as I continue to shrink and tone a shape my body - the one thing thats unavoidable is underwear.  I need something with some support for the boys while I run.  I need something that also controls the giant patches of scrotum looking skin n my inner thighs.

I now wear a size Medium.  My underwear looks like little boys.  How can small pieces of cotton spandex blend be sooo freaking expensive?  Really $24 for less than a square foot of fabric with a waistband and a pouch?

Oh well, I'll gladly take this instead of the weight!

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

tazman74
on 8/19/12 4:17 pm - lakeville, MN
VSG on 01/31/12
I wish there was a like button on this site. I agree 100% with you on that, I have lost 150lbs and man I tell ya it's nice but spendy.
LeahBea
on 8/19/12 4:27 pm
VSG on 05/31/11 with
Obviously a bit different as a lady, but I'll be damned if I don't know your pain in the spending too much money on underwear.

Victoria secret is owned by the same company as Lane Bryant (the only kind I found comfortable before surgery) so it only made sense to move into Vicky's Secret undies as I've hit goal. Wearing a size small and I'm amazed by how much money they want for something so damn little! Though I'm learning you wait for the coupons in the mail and then go during the 7 for $25 sales.

Hope you figure out the man underwear woes!

Leah

Bill_Rodgers
on 8/19/12 4:30 pm - Browns Mills, NJ
 Try finding an Under Armour outlet, I use compression underwhere from there usually about $15-20  not a big differences but alot more support
rhearob
on 8/19/12 9:32 am, edited 8/19/12 9:32 am - TN
 We have one in the local outlet mall.  9.25% tax makes it a wash with online.  Freshpair has free shipping and no tax so I do a lot of online and RL comparison shopping.  I never thought my shorts could be so time consuming.  Too bad I don't have an underwear fetsh, at least then I'd get a charge out of it, LOL.

Bill_Rodgers
on 8/19/12 4:34 pm - Browns Mills, NJ
 9.25% tax Holy S&%#, I am in NJ and thought we had the highest everything
econtiff
on 8/19/12 5:29 pm - FL
VSG on 04/24/12
Do you guys have a BJ's wholesale club? My husband LOVES the Reebok underwear that are the dry fit fabric. It's $12.99 for a two-pack. You can also buy them at Kohl's with a coupon and free shipping and get them down to about $7/pair. The dry fit are more spandex-y and I bet would help with compression.

Also, my problem is I fricken love buying underwear now. I started going to Ross where I can get high-end IZOD panties for $1.99-2.99/pair. I like having all fun undies now lol.
ib40
on 8/19/12 4:47 pm
I buy my husband's underwear (and mine) from barenecessities.com. They have sales pretty regularly. If you sign up for email updates, you will know when the sales are. He only likes the microfiber Calvin Klein's which are ridiculously pricey. I've found some Armani that are made the same as well. He has really big thighs (it's all muscle--lucky me!)and those knit boxers fit snug and don't roll up his thighs. I don't know where they are out of, but I don't have to pay sales tax because it isn't in Texas and often spending a certain amount means shipping is free.

slimpickins5280
on 8/19/12 5:14 pm - CO
 Scrotum skin on the thighs. Love it!

I have that skin too. Yuck.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

rhearob
on 8/19/12 5:15 pm - TN
 T-Minus 7 weeks and counting....

I already have a date for my LBL - October 1st.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 65 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 248 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 315 views