Always be prepared!

fran67
on 10/4/12 11:17 pm, edited 10/4/12 11:19 pm - NJ
VSG on 03/08/12
Ok, we've all heard this a millions time but I just wanted to say it again.

Last night I went to NYC to see a show with friends. The traffic was horrific so there was not much time to eat before hand. We stopped and grabbed a quick bite which was a burger place. I was worried about eating too fast or too much (I've had the foamies way to many times on this journey)so I had 1/2 of a cheeseburger (no bun of course!) and tried my best to eat slow. I was ok but at intermission I started to get a little hungry and reached into my bag and what did I find? Nothing! No jerky, no Quest bar, no almonds! I usually have one of these with me but I guess I forgot to restock.

By the time the show was over (and we still had to wait for the bus and have an hour long ride home), I was truly hungry. I stopped at a kiosk and was able to get a protein bar instead of nuts which I try to avoid since they are a little triggery for me. Well, I assumed it would be a decent choice. When I got home, I went to log it and saw that there were 45 carbs in the bar (and yes, I ate the whole thing) with only 9 grams of protein!

I was so mad at myself for 1) not reading the label 2) for not eating just half of the bar instead of mindlessly feasting on the whole thing and 3) for not having been prepared!

4' 11" HW 218 SW 214 Original Goal of 125 in 8.5 mos Lowest Weight 119 CW 133 Trying to get back in the 122-128 range 

acbbrown
on 10/5/12 12:41 am - Granada Hills, CA
 Don't beat yourself up. You learned to be prepared. Ultimately, you made a decent choice compared to what you could have eaten...keep an eye on the big picture :).

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

lisa2job
on 10/5/12 1:56 am - WA
VSG on 09/06/12
I just bought some premier protien bars and will put a couple in my car, at work ,  in my lunch container, and purse just in case....  thanks for posting ...

Shagdoll
on 10/5/12 2:21 am, edited 10/5/12 2:21 am
Gurl, look at it this way. It could have been a lot worse. At least you got the protein bar and not chips or a real candy bar. Dang, we are human gurlfriend & not perfect (awww man, lol). Like the posts say above, don't beat yourself up, it's not going to do permanent damage. Just get back on track today. It's a new day gurl, yay!!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 180 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 476 views