Is it just me - Can't find any good tasting protein drinks.

Ohiogirl
on 10/8/12 12:31 pm - OH
VSG on 10/02/12
I'm 6 days post op - thought I was all prepared with my protein drinks - Unjury unflavored powder, Unjury chicken soup, Unjury Choc Splendor and premier vanilla shakes. Wow - the unflavored does not mix up at all with Powerade zero, the chocolate is way too sweet, haven't tried the chicken soup - having really high BP - so it has too much salt, and tonight I am gagging as I down the Premier vanilla shake - it is so sweet, I added milk and ice to try to dilute it. Literally it is making me gag.

I have to find something else -I can't continue with these - please any suggestions would be helpful.

Paula
(deactivated member)
on 10/8/12 12:40 pm - Wiesbaden, Germany
DS on 10/08/13
Check out The World According to Eggface.  She has EXCELLENT recipes.

There are also recipes somewhere on OH but, with the latest format, I'm not sure where to find them.  But if you do a search, you should find them relatively easily.

Be aware your tastes are going to change several times over.  So what's not hitting the spot to day might be IT in few days.
ksommer08
on 10/8/12 12:48 pm - OH
VSG on 06/25/12
I never tried the Unjury chocolate, so I can't compare it but the Premeir Chocolate was much less sweet than the Premeir Vanilla. I couldn't stand the premeir vanilla, but the chocolate was good. I also REALLY like Pure Protein in Frosty Chocolate powder. Got it at Walmart, was only like 18 bucks or so for a 2 lb jug. If I remember right, it's 27 grams of protein and like 3 carbs.

shanti4758
on 10/8/12 7:56 pm
I am pre op with surgery on the 23rd and I cant stand any of the protein shakes. I am doing my pre op diet using greek yogurt for my protein.

Ohiogirl
on 10/8/12 1:11 pm - OH
VSG on 10/02/12
My plan doesn't allow yogurt til puréed stage - 2 more week!!! But then I don't like yogurt so that wouldn't help.
dianne220
on 10/8/12 1:02 pm - TX
VSG on 10/02/12
 I like all the cans of pure protein 35 grams of protein.  The banana cream is yummy!  2$ at drug emporium.  I also do the whey choc from Walmart and add in sugar free coconut and almond flavor and it is almond joy!  Yum!  I'm 6 days out.  Good luck!

5' 8.75" HW 278 / Doctor supervised Diet 271 / SW 247 / Doctor's goal 175 / Personal Goal 167/ Current weight 155/  M1: 24.8  M2: 10.8  M3: 10.8  M4: 10.4  M5: 7.6  M6: 10.6  M7:  6.6  M8:  5.6  M9:  5.0

Gramgal
on 10/8/12 1:03 pm
I really like Syntrax protein powder.  I have been buying the Matrix 2.0.  I started with the mint cookie and really liked it with skim milk.  But then, I like my sweets and my protein fills the gap.  Your tastes will change again and you will find what you like.  Don't get discouraged, just keep looking. 

Nadurra Deb
on 10/8/12 1:22 pm - CO
VSG on 08/06/12
Premier chocolate is the only protein shake I can drink. I like it super cold. It's thicker which I happen to like but also that helps for when you add ice to keep it super cold. It thins it out nicely over time. I don't think it is as sweet as most of the others. My taste buds changed so much after surgery. I loved all the flavors of Torani pre-op but can't take them post-op...at all. I use to mix a different flavor with the unflavored, but now I just can't even take it. I can't take flavored drinks period it seems. It's the Premier choc protein and water...that's it for me for 9 weeks now. I keep trying other drinks and it's just not happening. Try those recipes too that someone already suggested. I know a lot of people are having great luck with that. One of these days I will get to trying them too.

I also got protein by mixing the unflavored protein powder in sugar free pudding too...there are lots of flavors of that that I am liking. Adding the protein powder just beefs it up a little and fills you up more. Works for me anyway. You will find what works...and then your taste buds will mess with you again a week later so you will be trying something new again :) 

Hang in there. I promise it gets easier!

Debbie          

YouTube WLS Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NadurraDeb

(deactivated member)
on 10/9/12 7:37 am
VSG on 09/26/12
Where do you buy the Premier chocolate?
Nadurra Deb
on 10/9/12 3:06 pm - CO
VSG on 08/06/12
I get the Premier protein shakes at Cosco, but I believe Sam's sells it too. It comes in a case of 18...chocolate or vanilla.

Debbie          

YouTube WLS Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NadurraDeb

Most Active