Poignant Quote from a Creepy Source

rhearob
on 10/8/12 11:42 am - TN

As part of my recliner bound existence, I just heard a quote that struck me as particularly poignant.  The movie was the re-make of Red Dragon, and the quote was in the final letter from Hannibal Lecter to Will Graham.

"Our scars have the power to remind us that the past was real".

Our scars are both emotional and physical, whether you have plastics or not.  But I think I will keep this one close at hand.  My Plastics Journey and the indelible marks that criss cross my body from it will be yet another tool in my toolbox for the future.

I must have read that book a dozen times since it was first published, I love Thomas Harris' Hannibal novels.  Hannibal Lecter is the madman you'd like to invite to dinner and have him like you.  

Night!

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

ChristineTX1970
on 10/8/12 12:23 pm - TX
Great quote! Thanks for sharing.

kaniac
on 10/8/12 12:46 pm - TX
VSG on 06/12/12

HW: 270 SW: 234 CW: 168 GW: 150 

moonglo82
on 10/8/12 1:33 pm
VSG on 03/29/12
Being such a literature nerd, I love it when I find quotes like this, that have such an unexpected relevance to our lives in some way :)

I love this!  And it's so true... something I will hold close to my heart as well :)  Thanks for sharing!

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

Elaine H.
on 10/8/12 2:38 pm
Absolutely love Hannibel. Tells you how sick I am. Thanks for posting, hope you are healing well and your pain under control. Also your relatives. Sending Hugs your way.
TSinNC
on 10/8/12 10:38 pm
VSG on 08/16/12
 Great quote! I love the Hannibal books, too. In fact, I have a funny plaque in my kitchen that looks like one of those fancy marble decorative things but says, "Good friends are best with fava beans and a nice Chianti."  Yeah, I have a twisted sense of humor like that.

fooh.pngTina

Follow my journey at www.TinaRebooted.com  Blog, Recipes, Product Reviews, and more!

louisamay
on 10/9/12 11:43 am
VSG on 04/27/12
Red Dragon was my favorite of the books. I saw the movie Manhunter, but never saw the Red Dragon remake.

Great quote.

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 101 views