Gall bladder attack and peanuts???

AdeanaMarie
on 10/12/12 5:51 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12
Okay, has anyone ever had peanuts set off a gall bladder attack?  Is it that they are higher in fat?  I rarely eat them, but today I brought some trail mix for part of one of my mini meals.  Side is killing me now, only a few minutes later.  Horrible rib pain.  Youch.  Avocados do it to me too, so I am guessing it is just the higher fat foods.  But not sure.

Just wondered if anyone else ever had this issue?

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

tlpldy
on 10/12/12 5:54 am

fat content absolutely has a correlation with gallbladder attacks. 

I have never specifically had either of those items cause me to have one (i know i have gallstones and will be having them taken out when i have my surgery).  However, I have had a gallstone attack, and it is NO fun!! I hope you get to feeling better.  I would suggest letting your doc know, especially if you have a fever(or any other signs of infection), get nauseated, or the attack doens't go away after about 30 mins. 

AdeanaMarie
on 10/12/12 5:58 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12
thanks for your reply.  I have been watching it on fat intake usually, but every once in awhile, I want some.  I never have a fever and it does end within a few minutes.  I had tons of tests done before surgery and they did not feel it was my gall bladder.  Maybe I should have them do the ultra sound tests again after I have gotten rid of a good chunk of my excess belly weight and see if they find anything.  Glad you are able to have yours out during surgery.  Blessings on your upcoming surgery and journey.

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

tlpldy
on 10/12/12 6:01 am
Thanks! 

they can be tricky to find.  I have had three ultrasounds that were negative for gallstones in the past, but I know this pain is the same!!!  

If you really feel there is something going on, you should push the issue iwht your doc, find out why you are in pain. 
lisa2job
on 10/12/12 6:34 am - WA
VSG on 09/06/12
I think with everyone its different types of food.  Mine was hot spicy stuff.....    also I had appendix trouble at the same time.  so when I would go to the Dr they didnt know what was happening,  I would have appendix syptoms and also gall bladder symptoms   .  they finally took my gall bladder out after 3 trips to the ER in 2 weeks ... then two weeks later after another trip to the ER I had my appendix out......    

Gall bladder issues are no fun.....   good luck

Bbuzzell
on 5/30/14 7:07 am

Absolutely. Peanuts, raw onions and grease are my triggers . Peanuts will start pain in minutes. Not sure why it happens so fast with them, but it does for me. I can set peanut butter and most tree nuts, , but not peanuts