Before/After Pics (230's to 147.5lbs in 7 months)...An Honest Journey

Lexie 84
on 10/12/12 4:07 am, edited 10/12/12 6:30 am - Washington, DC
VSG on 03/13/12
I couldn't copy the pics online from my computer at work so try this link for pics!

http://images.obesityhelp.com/uploads/profile/990264/albums/ 120841/Before.After.jpg

I am 28 yrs. old. I got sleeved on 3/13/2012.

This is my honest journey...my thought process has not always been right...I've made bad decisions but I have also had great success thus far. So I want to share my journey. All of our experiences are different. I will admit the bad,  not to justify or encourage the same actions in another person, but to be transparent in what I have done/gone through.

My highest weight I ever remember seeing was 231 but I could've weighed more at any point! When I started the process June 2011, I was 226lbs, size 18/20. I am 4'10". BMI was like a 47, morbidly obese of course. I had high blood pressure, diabetes and sleep apnea. I did NOT excercise. I hate to excercise. I honestly ate whatever I wanted during my 6 month program. I had the mindset to get it all in while I could. I clearly wasn't looking at it as a life changing experience that I should have engaged in so that after surgery it would be a breeze to get to goal and be healthy. I wanted surgery to get rid of my comorbities, not b/c I wanted to be skinny. I never had an issue with being plus size. If i didn't have health issues, i probably would've never looked into surgery. But anyway, I just wanted to enjoy all my favorites in as much quantity as possbile before the physical limitations would take over. I got down to 223 during the 6 months ( I don't know how lol). When I started my two week liquid diet, I was miserable the first week. I went off on my friends b/c they had a gathering one night at my house and ordered pizza and wings. They would not let me have not one bit. I was pissed and went off on them. They laughed me out and kept it moving (great friends! lol) I cheated one time that week by myself and got some Popeyes. I scarfed down 3 wings and fries. I felt so sick afterward, I threw it all up. I was good the rest of time thereafter! Day of surgery, I was 210lbs. They day I went home, I had gone back up to 215lbs from water weight in the hospital. I transitioned smoothly through each stage when I got home. I didn't add foods before I was supposed to. I think I did pretty good with that. However, I hated protein. I'm sure I didn't get in nearly as many grams as I should have during the first few months. However, the weight came off, not extrememly fast, but steadily. I tried to get in the gym a few times each week. I even walked every day during my lunch at work.

Getting into the 4th month, I definitely got comfortable...complacement...lazy. I was burned out in the gym. Started to hate it, had no desire to be there! And now at 7 months out, I haven't been back. I know...horrible, quite sad. I need motivation to start loving to work out. I now need to tone b/c I've become a slimmer person with a muffin top and hanging skin on my back that just doesn't belong. That could have probably been prevented had I stayed in the gym. I have resorted back to some of my fav snacks. I never wanted to feel deprived and I make excuses that it's ok in small quantity ever so often. That could be true with great discipline. But with some sliders, I can just keep on going and going...not a good look!

Some of the good things I think I do well...I try to do protein first every day whether it be chicken, fish, beef or pork. Veggies make me too full quickly, especially lettuce. I eat Greek Yogurt every single day (love it with suguar free syrups, splenda, and strawberries). I do not drink my calories, only water for me (any type of calorie/sugar/carb free mixture). I barely do any breads/pasta/rice. My only carb issues are when I can't deny myself a salty snack of cheetos/white cheddar popcorn or a bite of a snickers! So, outside of that, I thin****ep my carbs in a good place...not quite 40 or below but no where near 100 or more. I have no desire to stop at fast food places. (I used to eat fast food everyday, literally!) I still do my daily lunch time walk (about 2 miles in 45 minutes). Calories are kept between 700-1000, depending on the day.

Things I want to change...be more active, working out, toning, reduce grazing and carb loaded snacks, be more on top of taking vitamins daily, and experiement with cooking more high protein meals.

I'm down to 147.5, size 9, BMI is still obese. I'm not even overweight yet! SMH

When I look in the mirror, I see a difference. But I don't feel different. I am still plus size in my head. I don't know if that will every change. My goal is to be 125, size 6. My fam and friends say I must stop loosing so I won't look crazy/sick. They think I should just maintain now. But I want to loose at least 23 more lbs. They don't understand.

Although sometimes there are mean comments on here and people can get really catty and insensitve, I appreciate getting on here when I feel off track. It really helps. I will never be at a place where I have a skinny mind and feel I have arrived. This is mental/emotional/spiritual and everything all at the same time. Just like with any struggle or addiction, the stages of change include relapse. The chance of relapse is the greatest during maintenance, which is why the daily support/outlet of a site such as this is invaluable. I love the motivation and great ideas to be found. I pray we all have a forward moving journey of success, lessons learned and great health!

morgans
on 10/12/12 4:10 am
VSG on 06/18/12
 You look fantastic! And so much younger. Way to go!

Lexie 84
on 10/12/12 4:26 am - Washington, DC
VSG on 03/13/12
On October 12, 2012 at 11:10 AM Pacific Time, morgans wrote:
 You look fantastic! And so much younger. Way to go!
thanks dear!

acbbrown
on 10/12/12 4:27 am - Granada Hills, CA
Obese in a size 9? God what is the medical world coming to????  Screw the BMI crap - Id start singing hallelujia at a size 9 and declare victory haha.

Great job so far!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Lexie 84
on 10/12/12 4:31 am - Washington, DC
VSG on 03/13/12
On October 12, 2012 at 11:27 AM Pacific Time, acbbrown wrote:
Obese in a size 9? God what is the medical world coming to????  Screw the BMI crap - Id start singing hallelujia at a size 9 and declare victory haha.

Great job so far!
i know right! It's crazy! This is my BMI result:

For the information you entered: Calculate again: English | Metric

Height: 4 feet, 10 inches
Weight: 147 pounds

Your BMI is 30.7, indicating your weight is in the Obese category for adults of your height.

For your height, a normal weight range would be from 89 to 119 pounds.

People who are overweight or obese are at higher risk for                      chronic conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes, and                      high cholesterol.

BMI                  Weight Status
                 Below 18.5                  Underweight
                  18.5—24.9                  Normal
                  25.0—29.9                  Overweight
 30.0 and Above Obese

lisa agathangelou
on 10/12/12 4:33 am - east stroudsburg, PA
VSG on 09/26/12
Thank You! I really enjoyed your post. This is an inspiration to me because just like you I did the same with the 6 month plan. Now that I am on the right track, I don't hope for relapse but I know that it WILL happen and I need to learn how to control it.
Have a Blessed Day my friend!

Lexie 84
on 10/12/12 4:38 am - Washington, DC
VSG on 03/13/12
On October 12, 2012 at 11:33 AM Pacific Time, lisa agathangelou wrote:
Thank You! I really enjoyed your post. This is an inspiration to me because just like you I did the same with the 6 month plan. Now that I am on the right track, I don't hope for relapse but I know that it WILL happen and I need to learn how to control it.
Have a Blessed Day my friend!

We don't have to fall victim to relapse if we maintain our circle of support and focus! We can do it!

bagelface
on 10/12/12 5:30 am
VSG on 08/22/12
 You are gorgeous!  Thanks for sharing your pictures and story!  
judyk62
on 10/12/12 5:50 am - Santa Rosa, CA
You are stunning and certainly don't look obese! But I get the numbers. I appreciate the honesty in your story and I especially appreciate the fact that you recognize what you are doing right and what you could improve upon. And it sounds like you are ready to make the remaining changes. Best of luck to you - you will get there!

HW: 284: SW: 274: CW: 152.8. Goal: 159  

frisco
on 10/12/12 6:03 am

Great 7 months !!!!

So Great !!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Most Active