VSG... and then another VSG later???

Nichole E.
on 10/18/12 2:01 pm - Chisago City, MN
Please don't judge or suggest reasons I should not be contemplating this.  Just want to know if anyone has ever had 2 VSGs done.  I had mine done in 2008 and regained all the weight plus some due to addiction (first food, transferred to alcohol, now a recovering alcoholic who is addicted to food again but aware of it this time around).  I can eat like I used to and feel hunger like I did prior to the VSG.  Is it possible to have a 2nd VSG done? 
jennergirl
on 10/18/12 2:26 pm - OR
VSG on 05/30/12
I have no idea about having a 2nd VSG, but I'm sorry you've been down such a bumpy road.  Most of the vets on this site say go back to basics; your restriction may still be there.  Good luck!

Pinkchickadee
on 10/18/12 2:56 pm
 With all the issues aside, my  surgeon said he  starts with the sleeve and if it  doesn't work then he  does a  revision to the roux-en-y.  I am sure every  surgeon is different though.

Starting Weight:275 CW:189 SW:??  Goal:169

acbbrown
on 10/18/12 2:59 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 Some surgeons will re-sleeve. You're best option may be a DS. 

But, as one food addict to another, you need to get help. No weight loss surgery is going to solve your problem and help you get to goal and maintain. You've been through a lap band and a sleeve. Now you need to work on external solutions - mostly the addiction issue. You absolutely have to change your life style. 

Please don't feel ashamed, embarassed or anything like that. Addiction issues are serious business - trust me I know. But you don't have to do this alone - get a team of professionals, a strong support network, and keep pressing forward. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

slimpickins5280
on 10/18/12 11:58 pm - CO
What she said.

Good luck. *hugs*

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

AnnieinIA
on 10/18/12 7:01 pm
I totally agree with what is said above about no surgury being the answer. That said, my surgeon has said he does, on occasion (very rarely), go in and "re-tighten" a sleeve. However, he said that before ever assuming that step should be taken, he looks at what else could be sabotaging your weight loss and focusing on correcting those issues long, long before looking to more surgery.

Wishing you the best....

Annie
Crabadams72
on 10/18/12 8:30 pm - Silver Spring, MD
The DS would be your best choice for long term success. Please check out that forum. However, you will have to work on the addiction issues, those will sabotage any surgery in the long term.
VSG 6/10/2011  Dr. Ann Lidor BMore MD 5'5 HW-247 SW-233 GW-145 CW-120

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Crabadams   Me rambling about my journey : )

doggz109
on 10/18/12 9:38 pm - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
Anything is possible but good luck finding a surgeon that would do it without you getting help with your addictions first.

(deactivated member)
on 10/18/12 10:45 pm
VSG on 06/04/12
I don't know if my surgeon is the only one with this rule, but he will not perform weight loss surgery of any kind on someone who is an alcoholic or drug addict. I don't know if it's his rule or the hospitals, but in my program the only alcholics they will take have to be at least ten years in recovery. Not trying to scare you away, just saying you might want to check into your former programs guidelines. The only reason I know this is because someone asked during my initial seminar. I thought it was rather odd, but I guess I understand the reasoning.

As far as "re-sleeving", I think you're probably better off having a revision to DS.

Sorry to hear you've had such trials. They'll only make you stronger though. Don't give up.
Barbara_journey
on 10/18/12 11:43 pm - Canada
yes it is, I live in Montreal, Quebec, Canada and there is a girl on the local forum that just had a second sleeve due to the fact that the first one was too big.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 163 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 439 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 458 views