My, how my shopping list has changed!

nanarama
on 10/22/12 12:26 am - PA
VSG on 07/09/12
Since many of us seem to share the same (ahem) bathroom issues, I just had to share this. 

I just made my shopping list for today and literally smiled as I came to the realization that I am spending an inordinate amount of time buying items designed on improving regularity.  I have never had to shop for these products.

But last week, I bought a big bottle of Colace, Milk of Magnesia, and a package of ground flax seed.  Today's grocery list now includes All Bran and prunes!   BRING IT ON!!! 

Agh!!  

Not that I'm complaining, mind you.  Just found it entertaining. 

Feb 2012:  270
                   Day of surgery:  250.5

Shagdoll
on 10/22/12 2:10 am
Prunes certainly help keep the system running smoothly ... just sayin'!!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

diane S.
on 10/22/12 2:17 am
yep, so true.   my husband uses unsweetened coconut milk in his shakes for its natural laxitive effect. i am a flax seed/prunes user.    as you get farther along and can eat more raw veggies it  gets easier. diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

mcmanis
on 10/22/12 2:46 am - CA
VSG on 08/29/12
I need to buy some of that stuff. I use to poo everyday several times a day now I'm lucky if I go every 3 weeks

HW-300 SW-259.5 CW-175 GW-140
M1:24 M2:15 M3:14 M4:4 M5:12 M6:8 M7:7 M8:0 M9:0 M10:5

AdeanaMarie
on 10/22/12 5:24 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12
3 Colace a day and I am on track for every other day.  Love it!  I have Crohn's Disease, so regularity was never a blessing.  Many BM's daily most of the time.  I went to Chicago for the weekend, about a 4 hour drive one way for me and didn't have to stop, but once for a potty break.  Love the new convenience, that is for sure.  It did take a couple weeks of being VERY uncomfortable before I figured out the difference between a stool softener and a laxative.  All set now with just the stool softener, Colace.  Off brand from Walmart works great for me.

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

TSinNC
on 10/22/12 9:30 am
VSG on 08/16/12
 Too funny!

fooh.pngTina

Follow my journey at www.TinaRebooted.com  Blog, Recipes, Product Reviews, and more!

Most Active