ds revision

myblueseven
on 1/10/13 9:02 pm - Sudbury, Canada

Hello, I had a DS in 2007.  At the time I weighed 300lbs.  I lost 100 but was never able to get below 190.  My goal weight was 150. The past 5 years has been stressful and difficult. Originally my weight loss was going well and so was my life. I am now back to 250lbs and miserable.  I need to do something.  Is a ds revision plausable ?

SUE
vogue
on 1/10/13 9:27 pm
VSG on 08/30/12

How close to plan did you stick??  If you arent having any medical conditions related to the DS, I think revision is a waste of time...You have a working tool, you must work it....  not discard it because it isnt being used properly...

myblueseven
on 1/10/13 9:49 pm - Sudbury, Canada
I guesd i have run out of ideas. It stopped working well before my goal. I dont know what to do now
SUE
Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 1/10/13 9:58 pm
VSG on 10/09/12
Well.. it's not every day that one sees a DSer unhappy with their surgery. Have you posted on the DS forum? I don't really know what you could possibly revise to from the DS? You already have a sleeve stomach and the malabsorption which is pretty powerful with the DS - more so than the RnY. Have you consulted with your surgeon or another DS surgeon? Perhaps your common channel is too long? Do you know how long it is? I would seriously speak to a very renowned DS surgeon like Dr Gagner or Dr Keshishian or Dr Rabkin (you can get many more ideas on the DS forum or dsfacts.com) and post on the DS forum.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

acbbrown
on 1/11/13 12:22 am - Granada Hills, CA

Im assuming you had a vsg and not a Ds. 

You need to discuss this with a surgeon and base your decision on your medical history. 

One thing you should keep in mind is that even with the "big gun" - you will absorb 100% of simple carbs/sugar so unless you cut that crap out and commit to basically a high fat, high protein diet with a very strict vitamin regimin, you will not find the success you are lookin for. 

I wk t lie - this weight loss **** is HARD. No doubts. But regardless of what surgery you have, you will absolutely have to change your life style. Have you done that? Have you honestly given your vsg the fighting chance? Only you know the answer. The DS is not going to be an easy solution to your problem right now. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Zee Starrlite
on 1/11/13 1:58 am

Go to the DS forum!    http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ds/

And yes, you can revise but can you make any adjustments as you are right now.  Tracking your intake, making healthy choices for your surgery type, moving your body???

Revisions are risky, very risky especially when resleeving.  You too can have your common channell shortened but again with that comes "issues" especially if it is short already.

Good luck

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 71 views