How to keep off the weight you lost...3.5 years later

Kellawanda
on 2/1/13 5:06 pm
VSG on 06/04/09 with

Howdy....for those who dont know me I'm an "oldie"....my VSG was June 2009. I post video updates and here is my most recent one talking about what its like mentally this far our: http://youtu.be/9YzfrErv174

www.youtube.com/kellawanda <---check out my vlog of my progress

VSG 6/4/2009: I'm 5'4",   HW 242,   SW 234,   CW 155.  Size 6 generally.

PS with Dr. Agha 5/14/2012 - LBL, Arm lift, fat transfer to (_:_) 
SweetJanee
on 2/1/13 9:32 pm
VSG on 03/26/13
Hey girl! I've watched ALL of your videos. I didn't even know what vsg was. Anyways, I looked into wls back in 08 but our ins didn't cover :( so this past August I looked into again n woo hoo I'm getting sleeved most likely this month :) already did all preop testing just waiting for? Results then I get my date :) so thanks for sharing your journey! -Janeen
(deactivated member)
on 2/2/13 1:52 am

I loved your video and I agree with almost everything you say in it.  The further out we are, the more this has to do with the mental space we are in and the strategies we have developed and consistently use.  For me, staying mindful of what I eat and what I weigh is a huge part of the maintenance equation.  I too watch what other skinny people do around food, but in truth, I don't feel like I will ever fully be just like them.  I have too much history that they don't and there are too many things that trigger me that they don't get triggered by at all.  Other than this, I agree with everything else you posted and found it very valuable to me.  Thank you for making such great videos.

Nieves.carmen59
on 2/2/13 2:46 am
VSG on 10/18/11 with

Great video. Did the surgery hurt a lot?  I am 61 and thinking about it. 

Kellawanda
on 2/2/13 4:30 am
VSG on 06/04/09 with

Its just a long boring recovery....they give you plenty of pain meds and a pain pump.

frisco
on 2/2/13 4:33 am

You do a great job with your vids !!

Very honest and revealing and this last one is a great look into 3.5 years out.

It's very obvious from your success that you have found your groove and have collected the proper knowledge to make this a long term solution.

We are about the same surgery date with you being a couple months ahead......

The biggest thing that stuck out to me was the difference we have in restriction...... Mine is still strong and very much there. I have been eating the same quantity since about 6 months. As I type this I just ate a 2oz. ground chicken pattie and an over medium egg and I'm right there.

Again, great vids !

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Kellawanda
on 2/2/13 4:40 am
VSG on 06/04/09 with

Yeah...its definitely odd. Not to do surgeon bashing but unfortunately I do think the operator makes a big difference. I however am okay with it - I enjoy eating in moderation and know I have to watch my choices, I learned so much in the process. There were times when I wish food made me sick tho like in the beginning lol. And you've done great!

Wildcat-NYC
on 2/2/13 5:37 am
VSG on 08/16/12

I love all your videos...thanks for sharing your insights with all us.  I know that maintenance is going to be much more difficult than weight loss...that's when the real work begins.

Looking forward to your excess skin video!

Tracker starting weight = surgery weight    
Crabadams72
on 2/2/13 6:36 am - Silver Spring, MD
Your videos are so helpful. You are one of the first YT videos I saw when I learned what the sleeve was.

I also enjoy your food videos and that you eat a balance of food types and manage to maintain.
VSG 6/10/2011  Dr. Ann Lidor BMore MD 5'5 HW-247 SW-233 GW-145 CW-120

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Crabadams   Me rambling about my journey : )

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 63 views