four days post op

loveyameanit
on 3/8/13 5:41 am

My surgery was on Monday and I came home on Thursday. I am super sore and very tired. I don't like the feeling of being "out of order". I didn't realize I would have a JP port and would have to keep it clean and drained. I am not really feeling up to drinking so I have to really force myself to keep drinking my fluieds. It's hard sleeping in the bed so I usually start off in my own bed and end up on the couch. I hope my energy bumps back up my next week. I'll post pics later. I am so glad I found this site! It's so helpful.

Machelle.K
on 3/8/13 5:56 am - WA
VSG on 11/06/12

Each day will get better, but you must get your fluids and your rest too.

Machelle 11/6/2012 with Dr. Houseworth WA

SarahI
on 3/8/13 6:11 am - Indian River, MI
VSG on 03/04/13

i am 4 days post op and i decided i am sleeping in my lazyboy for a couple nights, it is so hard to move around in a bed.  Good luck to you and welcome to the losers bench!

SARAH

Calking
on 3/8/13 9:26 am
VSG on 05/31/12

What most people don't think about is that you get energy from calories.  You are eating very few calories and therefore have very little energy.  Until you get up to that 600 to 800 calories and some carbs (not more than 40 g per day) and your 64 oz of liquids you may not get that energy bump.  Even at that point you might still feel a bit low on energy.  Vitamin B-12 is important at this point to help you get some energy.  Also you need to work on getting that protein up.

Always remember that your energy does come from the calories.  Think about getting that protein and those liquids in as soon as you can.  By the way I am sure you learned that the higher level proteins will work out the kidneys and that is why you need extra liquids to help flush the kidneys and keep them functioning well.

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

Connie S.
on 3/8/13 1:43 pm - CA
VSG on 03/04/13
I, too, am 4 days post op and doing better every day. I like to think of sipping water as my new full time job. Don't know what will happen when I have to go back to my real job...
Hang in there!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 167 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 443 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 464 views