2 week pre diet

ababenoit
on 3/30/13 9:41 am - LA
VSG on 04/08/13
Just wondering if anyone could give me advise on what I can eat and still shrink my liver for surgery. Some of the things on the list have a lot of carbs... But they told me before to stay low carb. I'm kind of confused as to what to watch out for. I emailed my dietitian and she still hasn't answered me back after 4 days. I'm almost at week 2 and I'm doing what I've always done low carb... Which is protein. What else can I eat that will still shrink my liver???
CincySlvd
on 3/30/13 10:01 am - OH
VSG on 04/24/12

If I remember right, my two week prep diet consisted of oatmeal (made with water) and splenda and cinnamon for sweetness.  Tomatoes, Carrots, other veggies, etc.

I think the diet allowed about 6 total cups of food per day.

Tons of fluids (Crystal ligh****er, etc).

I ate a lot of oatmeal.

I think I ended up losing about 17 lbs in those two weeks.

ababenoit
on 3/30/13 10:15 am - LA
VSG on 04/08/13
Mine doesn't say oatmeal at all... It says 6oz .. 4 ox protein... 2 cups salad.. That's about it. I wi**** would have said oatmeal! But when reading labels I don't know what I'm looking for... And my dietitian is no help.
mathea
on 3/30/13 10:18 am

My surgeon has me on 3-4 protein drinks with less than 6 grams of carbs and at least 15 grams of protein a day and one dinner salad with grilled chicken and a vinegar and oil dressing or a low fat dressing for two weeks and for additional hunger I am supposed to take metamucil capsules. Then three days before surgery I supposed to be on clear liquids only and a dose of milk of magnesia daily. I am finished with the two weeks portion today and tomorrow I begin clear liquids. My surgery is on April 4th. I do not want to take MOM on my flight day.

HW252 SW230 CW154 surgery April 4, 2013 Dr Elias Ortiz

mathea
on 3/30/13 10:19 am

I have lost 17 pounds so far, although I was not required to loose any weight. The point of the diet is liver shrinking.

HW252 SW230 CW154 surgery April 4, 2013 Dr Elias Ortiz

loveyameanit
on 3/30/13 10:29 am

My pre op diet consisted of SF Jello, No sugar added Fudgesicles

I ate tuna packs, chicken, protein shakes (EASadvantage) found those at Walmart

Lowfat cottage cheese

string cheese

low carb veggies

GOOGLE some stuff and I bet you'll find what works for you.

I lost 17lbs and I never went to the gym (not by choice)

GOOD LUCK!

justpete
on 3/30/13 11:06 am
VSG on 04/02/13

they all vary, but I would recommend getting into the protein shakes and make sure you are getting full protein .. .sicne the first week after it will be tough.  also as close to zero carbs as you can, because who wants carb withdrawl symptoms when you get home from surgery?.  no sugar, no carbs, nearly zero fats, lots of clean protein

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 290 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 342 views