can't get enough of this

michael "I didn't do
it!" w

on 2/6/14 1:10 am - Festus, MO
VSG on 12/18/13

If you haven't found Bumble Bee Sensations Sundried Tomato & Basil tuna yet, you have to try it.  It's amazing.  Comes in 4oz cans, pull top.  3 carb, 150 calories, 21 protein.  I have it for lunch all the time and I'm full for hours.  Still never hungry, but feel full forever.   These and the foil packs of seasoned tuna and salmon keep me alive most days :)  High protein, low cal, few to no carbs.  Beats chasing around the kitchen for lunch with the rest of my building!

HW: 495  Consult: 390  SW: 361 CW: 289

April is Autism Awareness Month!

cajunlady1958
on 2/6/14 1:13 am - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
that is some good stuff. i also like the starkist pouch albacore with ranch.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

stephanieplum
on 2/6/14 1:20 am
VSG on 06/27/12

I love the Spicy Thai Tuna! Glad you found something you like. 

BetterTheSecondTime
on 2/7/14 3:25 am - Cortlandt Manor, NY

My FAVORITE! Although I've had to mix a little avocado to "cool" it off...spicy is bothering me still :(

Shagdoll
on 2/6/14 1:24 am

My "special someone" bought those little Bumble Bee Sensations for me but I haven't tried them yet.  I have to try that flavor!  I got 3 different flavors at home.  I've tried the spicy thai and I love it.  I like how they come in the 4oz. cans now WITHOUT the crackers.  Yeaaah buddy!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

MAchick
on 2/6/14 1:24 am
VSG on 01/27/14

I wish I liked fish!  Sounds like such a convenient meal that you can find most anywhere. Enjoy! 

KevinBacon
on 2/6/14 1:55 am
VSG on 03/10/14

ME TOO!!! I have never eaten tuna. Too much like cat food (in fact, we get it to feed to our cats in a pinch when we run out of wet food) LOL 

I love other fish. I really do. But tuna... no. 

HW: 318 Date of Surgery: 3/10/14 SW: 270  CW: 154

hope123
on 2/6/14 1:53 am - MO

I like the Starkist Hickory Smoked Tuna single serve packets.  I haven't tried the Lemon Pepper, and I think there's another flavor too.  I can't eat an entire packet though, maybe a fourth of it.

goleftoklahoma
on 2/6/14 3:53 am
VSG on 01/24/14

They are amazingly good only 1 tiny problem: Copied and pasted from edf.org There are two main kinds of canned tuna: chunk light and solid or chunk white (albacore). Most canned white tuna is albacore. Its mercury levels are almost three times higher than the smaller skipjack, used in most canned light tuna. These recommendations are based on EPA guidance and estimates of mercury in the most popular canned tunas: Canned white, or albacore (0.32 parts per million of mercury). Children under six can eat up to one 3-ounce portion a month; children from 6–12, two 4.5-ounce portions a month. Adults, including pregnant women, can safely eat it up to three times a month (women, 6-ounce portions; men, 8-ounce portions). Canned light — the safer choice (0.12 parts per million of mercury). Children under six can eat up to three 3-ounce portions per month. Older children and adults can safely eat it once a week. But look out for “gourmet” or “tonno” labels. They are made with bigger yellowfin tuna and can contain mercury levels comparable to canned white. A better alternative is canned salmon (mostly sockeye or pink from Alaska), which is low in contaminants and high in heart-healthy omega-3s. It's also sustainably caught in Alaska and similarly priced, making it a great choice all around.

G5x5
on 2/6/14 4:43 am - VA

You'll burn out on the canned stuff eventually.  I recommend you try baking some fresh salmon (I use a toaster oven).  Once you try that you'll hate the canned tuna/salmon forever.

HW: 255 (6/5/13), SW: 240 (6/19/13), CW: 169 (9/16/14)

M1: -26,  M2: -17,  M3: -5,  M4: -13  M5: -12  M6: -11  M7: -8

M8-10: Skinny Maintenance (10k Training)   M11-13: On Break

M14+: **CROSSTRAINING FOR ALL AROUND FITNESS**

Google NSNG and learn the right way to eat each day