Help!!!!!

emandmad
on 1/15/16 11:28 am
VSG on 04/07/09 with

I had my VSG on April 9, 2009.  I lost 160 lbs. but have managed to put about 60 back on.  I still have restriction. Will still throw up if I eat too much.  My thyroid is off, I've had 2 back surgeries since then so exercising is out and I just don't know how to get it back off.  Any suggestions?

TO LIVE A LONG LIFE IS THE BEST REVENGE    
Chanti_
on 1/15/16 11:49 am - Canada
VSG on 09/24/15 with

Are you tracking you food intake with My Fitness Pal, or the like?  Are you hitting your protein goals daily?  Tracking keeps you accountable.  Back to basics time.  70 gms of protein a day, 64 oz of water, no junk carbs only veggies if your trying to lose weight.  You know what you need to do.  It just sucks to have to get back on the wagon.  

If your throwing up, it sounds like you are not listening to you body's earlier signs to stop eating.  Try to eat slower so that you can recognize the signs of saiety before you push past and make yourself sick.  I have a problem with eating to fast as well which is why I have to eat measured portions of food and not eat until I 'feel full' cause if I do I'm already past the point of uncomfortable.

You lost the weight once before you can do it again.  It's going to be hard work.  But you didn't have major surgery to throw in the towel now.  Time to get back on the horse.  

White Dove
on 1/15/16 12:17 pm - Warren, OH

After surgery there is a honeymoon period where weight comes off easily.  That is something that will never happen again.  Now you have to fight for every pound.  The only way to lose the weight again is to eat less calories than you burn.

You need about 10 calories every day to maintain a pound.  So at 200 pounds, for example you need to eat 2000 calories to maintain.  If you eat 2500 you will gain a pound a week.  If you eat 1000 a day you will lose 2 pounds a week.  I have spent my life trying to find a way around that but nothing else has ever worked for me.

You don't need to exercise and your thyroid will make little difference in your weight.  Weight and track all of your food.  Weigh yourself every day.  Decide if you are going to lose one or two pounds a week.  It will take either 30 or 60 weeks to get the weight back off  There are no shortcuts or quick fixes.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

acbbrown
on 1/15/16 12:30 pm - Granada Hills, CA

My story is very similar including two back surgeries. I'm getting the regain off by abstaining from sugar/flour/personal binge foods. My sleeve still works if I work it. I was able to lose 18 lbs last month without serious restrictive dieting and no exercise. We can do it. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

cappy11448
on 1/16/16 7:54 am, edited 1/15/16 11:54 pm

I think the best solution is going back to basics.  You know what to do. 

1. Go low carb - you need to defeat the carb monster
  2. eat dense protein first
  3. Fill up on low carb veggies
  4. avoid liquids with meals
  5. don't graze
  6. weigh and measure your food and log everything you eat.

You can do this.

best of luck,

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

gwen41502
on 1/17/16 12:30 pm

you can do this hang in there and get on track you have your sleeve work it!!! it will be hard but worth it!!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views