Hospital Bag?

healthymekg
on 2/2/16 6:04 pm

Surgery is on Monday and I'm getting so excited! I am getting stuff together around my house for my kids while grandma stays with them while my husband and I are at the hospital for a few days.  But I also need to start packing my own bag.  What did you pack?  What did you wish you packed that you maybe didn't bring?

Thanks! 

staceylynne13
on 2/2/16 7:07 pm
VSG on 01/06/16

i packed my jammies, my own blankie, a fully charged and with many books kindle, slip on shoes, my ipad and knitting. 

i used the shoes and the blankie. that's it. LOL 

i was too sleepy to read or knit. too tired to change. too groggy to care about anything else!

psychoticparrot
on 2/2/16 7:14 pm

Lip balm, PJ bottoms for your walks around the ward, maybe a book (you won't have much time to read it), and a pillow to keep in your car for when you come home -- you hold it against your sore stomach for when the car hits bumps and ruts. That's it. The hospital will supply everything else.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

cajunlady1958
on 2/2/16 7:18 pm - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
I just had surgery 12/30/15 and I packed way too much stuff. But these are the things I really used:

slippers
robe
cell phone and charger
toothbrush and toothpaste
hairbrush
comfy clothes to go home
pillow to hold on stomach when I sneezed

I was in and out of a morphine haze so I really didn't care if anyone saw me without my makeu*****t, lol.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

Amy_Rod618
on 2/2/16 7:52 pm
VSG on 02/08/16

My surgery is next Monday also!

I am planning on bringing comfy pjs, comfy clothes for ride home, cell phone, charger, tablet, my own shampoo and conditioner  (cause I hate the hospital stuff, and my brush. That's really all, don't need much more than that.

Good luck with surgery! 

lxl_Miz_lxl
on 2/2/16 8:12 pm, edited 2/2/16 12:14 pm
VSG on 01/11/16

I brought: slip on shoes (I don't like hospital socks), chloraseptic spray, biotin mouth spray, chapstick, gas x strips, my kindle, cell and chargers. The only things I didn't use were the chap stick and kindle. I wore loose comfy clothes (long sleeve/pants pj type outfit) in and wore the same home.

There is nothing I needed that I wished I packed. The hospital provided all the toiletries I needed. Good Luck!

(deactivated member)
on 2/2/16 10:21 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

Chapstick I used it a million times, also toothbrush and toothpaste, brush for hair, extra pony tail holders just in case, slipper socks and a pillow because I need my own to sleep with and I held it on my stomach on the ride home. 

thallnc
on 2/3/16 7:54 am - NC
VSG on 02/18/15

Biotene Moisturizing Mouth spray - my throat was really sore after they removed the tube from surgery. That really helped.

Small pillow - to cushion the incisions in case you need to cough (also helped with ride home).

Chap Stick

Loose fitting shorts - I wore those under my hospital gown so when I was up walking the halls I was covered. LOL

Congrats on your upcoming surgery!!!

Height: 5'5" HW: 278.2; SW: 268.2; CW: 175.6

dobermanleloo
on 2/3/16 8:54 am
VBG on 02/10/16

on a scale of 1 to 10 how much is this gonna hurt?

N M.
on 2/3/16 9:45 am

I packed a maxi dress as my going home outfit, I'm so glad I did because the incision where the took the stomach out was so painful and wearing pants would've probably made it worse. I brought my own lip balm, pillows, heating pad and slippers.

Good vibes sent your way! 

VSG 4/2/15

HW 244

Preop 2 week diet: 223

Surgery Day 208

CW 138 (3/7/2016)

CW 154 (2/14/2017)

CW 165 (8/7/2018)

Most Active