farewell2fat’s Posts

farewell2fat
on 12/1/10 11:36 am, edited 12/1/10 12:05 pm
Topic: RE: Back to square one...bummed!!!
Mexico has been cancelled...AGAIN!!! Nina (Dr. Aceve's patient coordinator) probably thinks I'm completely NUTS!!! I think I'm nut's for being this wishy washy!!! My surgery was scheduled for NEXT WEEK. I bought plane tickets for both my sister AND I. I call to check on my Dad yesterday after he had a medical procedure to clear clogged arteries in his legs, he then takes that opportunity to BEG me not to go to Mexico next week!!! My Dad is a tough guy, never shows emotions, so it struck a cord in me. His voice was cracking, says he's afraid I'm going to have complication's, possibly die & leave my 3 kids motherless. I told him (yet again) about the thorough research I've done & that it's a safe alternative. He says it doesn't matter, feels that I should do it in the US. He says he'll PAY for it if I agree to do it in the states!!! I don't want to take money from my parents (even though they can afford it). I'm a proud person & have NEVER borrowed/taken money from them as long as I've been married (almost 17 yrs). He wanted me to promise that I would cancel. I promised him that I would consider it. In case you're wondering, yes, my family does have a strong influence on me..we are VERY close. I have decided to lay low for a while, enjoy the Holiday's with my family & regroup after the new year. My brain is completely & utterly FRIED at the moment. I need a break...seriously. Thanks for listening...

farewell2fat
on 11/30/10 12:39 am
Topic: RE: What's up with the 3 or 5 day liquid diet???? I've been on this for TWO WEEKS and I'm going Crazy!
 Are you using Dr. Keith Kim in Celebration, Fl?

farewell2fat
on 11/29/10 8:43 am
Topic: RE: 7 Weeks out and....................
 That's awesome..good for you!!! :) 

farewell2fat
on 11/29/10 5:08 am
Topic: RE: here i am again lol
 Congrat's on your success so far!! That's wonderful!! I was wondering what happened to you, glad to hear things are good :)

farewell2fat
on 11/28/10 7:55 am
Topic: RE: December 8th is the day!
 My surgery is the 8th also! Good luck, we should keep in touch & compare notes!

farewell2fat
on 11/28/10 12:21 am
Topic: RE: Surgery scheduled for Dec. 6th...super nervous
 Hi there! I'm scheduled for 12/8, I'm nervous too, but I'm sure we'll both do just fine!! Please keep in touch & I'll do the same :) Wishing you well!!

farewell2fat
on 11/26/10 11:30 am
Topic: RE: What's the best food pureeing device out there??...
 I need to invest on one soon & don't know that much about them I have heard of the Magic Bullet. I do have a food processor & blender, but thought there was something more compact out there. Any suggestions? Thank you!

farewell2fat
on 11/26/10 10:20 am
Topic: RE: 6 Month Surgiversary!! With side-by-side photo
 Looking fabulous!!! Good job!!!

farewell2fat
on 11/24/10 6:07 am
Topic: RE: Y'all are gonna think I've done lost my mind, but...
THANKS for all the support!!! It is truly appreciated & makes this process a heck of a lot easier for me!! I will keep you posted after my surgery. Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!! :)

farewell2fat
on 11/23/10 10:25 am
Topic: RE: Y'all are gonna think I've done lost my mind, but...
I have decided to go back to my original choice of having surgery done by Dr. Aceves DESPITE my familys opposition. As many of you know, I have STRUGGLED w/thisdecision. I originally had surgery scheduled for 12/10 in Mexico then cancelled because I was getting SO much flack from family members. So, I decided (hastily I might add) to have surgery w/a Dr. in Texas. I'm sure he's great, but I never felt as comfortable w/that decision as I did w/Dr. Aceves. I have every confidence in him. I feel that it's a better choice all around for me. I love my family & have considered their view points. I caved from the pressure & cancelled w/ Dr. Aceves because I didn't want to "worry" them, but I HAVE to make this decision based on what I feel is right. Thanks again to all those who have offered their advice, opinions, & personal experiences. It helped me tremendously. My surgery is now scheduled for 12/8..wish me luck!!!

farewell2fat
on 11/20/10 12:12 am
Topic: RE: Today I am under 200 pounds!!! YAYAY! with pictures!!
 You look awesome!!! Congrat's on your success!!! :))

farewell2fat
on 11/17/10 2:10 am
Topic: RE: Dinner Tonight
 Looks delish Frisco!! Great presentation as well!!

farewell2fat
on 11/16/10 11:11 am
Topic: RE: Anyone else eating like it's their "last meal" pre-op???
I feel like I'm eating way more than I normally would & including desserts after a lot of meals. I think that I'm eating like this for a few reasons:

1. Because I know that I won't ever be able to eat like this again (AND shouldn't I might add!!).

2. Because I know I will start my liquid pre-op 2 week diet soon.

3. Because I know it will be a while after surgery before I can eat anything.

4. Because I may not be able to eat certain foods once sleeved. 

5. Because I'll never be able to eat the same quantity of food again.

All that being said, I'd rather be healthy & fit then continue this vicious cycle of bad eating habits that has got me to this point in the first place.

farewell2fat
on 11/16/10 9:40 am
Topic: RE: Started Optifast Today
 oh no!! Now I'm scared because I start 2 wks of Optifast on 11/22. Our weight/height stats are similiar. Good luck!!

farewell2fat
on 11/15/10 11:38 am
Topic: RE: Great News!!!
 That's my surgery date too! We should keep in touch!

farewell2fat
on 11/15/10 11:32 am
Topic: RE: When do u feel the restriction
 Glad you're doing better! And I've seen the big tubs of muscle milk at Walmart. What flavor do you get?

farewell2fat
on 11/15/10 11:18 am
Topic: RE: When do u feel the restriction
 I don't know about restriction yet, haven't had my surgery yet. But are you still hating your sleeve?? I remember your post about you having regrets. Hope that phase has passed & that you're doing better! :)

farewell2fat
on 11/14/10 11:08 pm, edited 11/15/10 12:03 am
Topic: RE: Things I'm nervous about...
Having my sleeve surgery done in a few weeks. Here is is a list of the things I'm stressing over (besides the OBVIOUS fact that I'm having surgery)...

1.  Being away from my kids for an entire week (especially my youngest)
2.  General pain afterwards 
3.  Acid reflux 
4.  Nausea/"foamies"
5.  Protein/liquid intake
6.  Vitamin regimen
7.  Becoming overwhelmed by my new lifestyle
8.  Fear of losing too much weight
9.  Hair loss (probably one of my best features) ;)
10.Long term health results after sleeve

Some of these concerns aren't that big of a deal, some are, but they're still valid to me nonetheless.

farewell2fat
on 11/14/10 9:56 am
Topic: RE: I've Reached My Half Way Point...and then some...
 That's so awesome!! Congrat's to you!! I have my surgery w/Dr. Kim on Dec 6th. I can't wait to feel the way you are right now :)

farewell2fat
on 11/12/10 12:22 pm
Topic: RE: Which Optifast flavor tastes best?...
 @Kathy, no I unfortunately won't be attending the support group. I'm flying in from Florida for my surgery.

@ Debby, thank you for your kind offer. I may just take you up on that when I'm in town :)

I ordered my optifast shakes today . I need a total of 10 boxes for the 2 wk pre-op, so I ended up getting 5 choc, 4 vanilla, and 1 strawberry. I tried changing it later to 7 choc, 2 vanilla, & 1 strawberry..but it was too late! It had already been sent out to ship! Arghhh!! But I'll add the sugar free syrups/crystal light like you guys suggested to jazz up the vanilla flavor. I realized later that I'll be on the liquid diet during THANKSGIVING...ouch!!!!!!!

farewell2fat
on 11/12/10 12:07 pm
Topic: RE: This time tomorrow...
Wishing you luck for tomorrow, although I doubt that you need it!! I'm sure you'll be in good hands with Dr. Aceves. Hope everything goes well & that you have a smooth recovery!! 

farewell2fat
on 11/12/10 9:35 am
Topic: RE: My Journey (and first time to photo *****)
 wow!! looking good!! congrat's on your success!!

farewell2fat
on 11/12/10 4:17 am
Topic: RE: Which Optifast flavor tastes best?...
 Chocolate? Vanilla? or Strawberry? Thanks :)

farewell2fat
on 11/11/10 5:19 am
Topic: RE: Protein shake samples??
unjury.com. I just ordered their sampler pack the other day.  

farewell2fat
on 11/10/10 9:39 am
Topic: RE: Calling all Dr. David Kim's patients!!!
 @Stella, if you weren't pleased w/Dr. Kim, who did you end up using then? 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views