LW family: This was fun UNTIL..........

2nd_Chance_Chick
on 7/17/11 11:08 pm

I have apparently offended some folks being a size 14/16 and saying that it's the pits.

I'm sure that most of you have seen me post this because it's my story. Wow, I did'nt know that I had to weigh 400 plus pounds in order to have a right to say I'm not happy with my clothing size.

I know that you all understand. Jodi and MSW told me about this forum because of the pm's that were sent to me about not being heavy enough for wls.

see here...starts out well and I'm enjoying reading Bette's post and making my own list....

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/4425764/XPOST-OT-Talk -to-me-about-rudeness/#36587759

I know what i'm doing,I have it all planned-plans to give you the future you hope for.Jeremiah 29:11(The Message)

With God's Will, I was approved!

Kaysmommy
on 7/17/11 11:36 pm - Silver City, NM
People are just mean. Weight issues are weight issues rather than the size. I love this group, such great support. Even if someone 400 pounds came over here we would be just as supportive of them. Welcome over here.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Roz !!!!
on 7/17/11 11:46 pm, edited 7/17/11 11:47 pm - Butler, PA
Welcome to our LW Board!

I've always wondered if I offend anyone when I talk about my size 2's although I do try to be very cautious about what I write.  If I were a 14/16 I'd be considered obese and if someone was normal at a 14/16 then they would probably be ready for a coffin if they wore my size.

I love your avie...my DD#3 would love those shoes...LOL

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

KarenCee
on 7/18/11 12:01 am - GA
Yeah, one of my husband's co-workers told him I didn't look big enough to qualify for WLS.  *rolls eyes* Whatevah! If my insurance company didn't think I qualified I would not have been able to have the surgery covered by them.  

Drama...some people have to  have it to survive.  Some people just look for things to be offended about simply because they have no life. 

Teaching is the essential profession, the one that makes all professions possible.  —David Haselkorn

WickedGirl
on 7/18/11 12:33 am - Chesapeake, VA
RNY on 01/11/12
Wow, it shouldn't surprise us when people react this way and yet it still does!!! I feel your pain...I am a size 18 and have received the same response from people. INGORE THE HATERS!!! Like a previous poster said, we wouldn't have been approved if we weren't considered candidates for WLS. END OF STORY.

And I'm too nice of a person to hate on them - I would never disrepect someone else's struggle with weight loss. All I can say is that most likely, this is no the only thing that these people are ignorant to, they most likely don't consider other people in many other ways.

Very happy you found the LW family!!! You will find that we are all different but accepting. Welcome!!!

Ht: 5'2" ~ HW: 255  CW: 208  GW 120 ~ Just beginning my journey
"..my mama told me when I was young, we are all born superstars..."

Stacey N.
on 7/18/11 12:51 am - Chesapeake, VA
Thats the reason i stay on this board. I am 4'11 and was MORBIDLY OBESE! I was 225 and people gave me the looks like WTF!  You would not have been approved if you did not qualify. Stay here and hang with us, here we understand :)

HW-220 SW 205 4'11"

Mara C.
on 7/18/11 1:21 am - Millbury, MA

The surgeon's wouldn't have allowed us to have the surgeries we did without being heavy enough to qualify....

Don't let a few sour pusses bring you down!

We understand.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat      RNY Maintenance

"Create your day"
(deactivated member)
on 7/18/11 2:51 am
 I TOTALLY  get the sadness of   being 5/6  for years and now blowing up  due to medication  (((()))) .

NOT Ur fault Hun.  There  ARE  alternative meds that DONT blow U up ...  are U on anti depressants or asthma meds ( steroids / ? perhaps ?  most are weight gainers  but I know some perscription alternatives U can ask for that ARENT .. 
moondancer2000
on 7/18/11 5:24 am - Ft Rucker, AL
What everyone else said.  

My 2 cents, I was told from the get go, I wasn't BIG enough to have surgery.  I am 5'2" and weighed 210lbs ... HELLO!!  Can we say MORIDLY OBESE!?!?  

You gotta do what you gotta do!!  WELCOME 

I will live each day in the mindful present

HW 208/SW 197/CW 115/1st GW 130/2nd GW 120
/3rd goal 115/New GW ??/HT 5'2" NO MORE WEIGHT GOALS

Crabadams72
on 7/18/11 5:37 am - Silver Spring, MD
Folks can be so bitter. Whose fault is it that we realized enough was enough before hitting 400 pounds?

Heart disease, diabetes, strokes etc do not discriminate. Yet they twisted your view on your own weight as a personal assault.

Sick and twisted behavior.
VSG 6/10/2011  Dr. Ann Lidor BMore MD 5'5 HW-247 SW-233 GW-145 CW-120

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Crabadams   Me rambling about my journey : )

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 308 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 431 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 497 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 515 views