Quick update

bowknot
on 1/16/12 1:51 am
I've always been around lurking and replying to posts, but I haven't posted myself for a while.  I thought I'd give a quick update.

I had my surgery in Sep 10.  I've been maintaining a stable weight for about 9 months. I take my vitamins religiously!  I never did make it to my goal, but I am very happy with where I am.

I decided to move forward with plastic surgery.  I've been stalking Lee and watching her recovery.  I'm scheduled for a breast lift and lower body lift on Thursday.  It is pretty exciting.

My life is good. I'm not thrilled with my job, but I'm actively looking.  DH and I are in a great place.   My health is so much better since I've lost that weight.  Saturday, I went to the park for my grandson's 2nd birthday.  I played with all the two year olds and my 8 month old granddaughter.  I am so thankful that I'm healthy enough to spend time with all ten of them.

Here's an updated picture of me and my girl, Grace. 

Kay
Kay Schwartz

Tonya499
on 1/16/12 2:24 am - Riverton, UT
 Sounds like you are doing great!  Congratulations.  I already know I have plastics in my future.  I'm already saving.  What we don't spend eating out so often is going to my plastics fund!  I'll probably start lurking on that forum.  I just had RNY so I have about 18 months.  I can't wait to be able to really play with my grandson who is 3.  Congrats again.

Tonya

Start weight 226. Surgery weight 218 on 1/6/12    
MajorMom
on 1/16/12 2:31 am - VA
Good to see you, Kay. Wishing you all kinds of good luck with your plastics. We'll swing lizards for you. Keep us posted as you can.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

lerkhart
on 1/16/12 3:19 am
Congratulations on your success Kay. 

Good luck on the plastics.  Keep us updated on your progress.

Great picture.  What a cutie!!

Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Lee ~
on 1/16/12 3:28 am - CA
YAY Kay!!!  I'm so excited for you!  If you want my personal email, please let me know.  I don't remember to check my emails on OH, so if you want to pound my brain for info, personal email is best.  I was so lucky to have two weeks of surgeon/personal nurse care because I would have gone nuts worrying about everything if I didn't have someone to ask a million questions.  It's great that you're on the PS forum because you get the experience of so many people there.

You are gonna love your LBL!!!  Is the surgeon doing lipo for you?  Dr. S removed six pounds of skin from me, but also took 2 liters of fat from my thighs and saddlebags.  He separated out the good fat and injected it into my oh so flat tushie.  I love it!  I actually have some roundness in there now.  All good questions to ask your surgeon about what he/she plans to do.

You go girl.  I love the pic of you and Grace.  I'm green with envy.  I get no grandchildren, just short films to brag on.  Perhaps one day I'll have both!  :)

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

bowknot
on 1/16/12 8:34 am
Lee,

If you don't mind, please PM me with your email. DH has a trip he can't cancel and I may need your expertise for support. I won't be alone DS2 and my friends will be taking turns babysitting until he gets back. He'll get me home from the hospital and make sure I'm doing fine before he goes.

He laughed much of the way through my mark up experience today...until he had to write the check.

We're both anxious and excited.

Kay
Kermit P.
on 1/16/12 4:19 am
Hi Kay!

I miss your posts so it is good to hear an update.  As I lose more weight and see more skin I start thinking about plastic surgery so I am curious to see how everything goes.  I am unsure if I would ever pursue this but it is certainly something to consider.  My lipedema has contributed to some major skin issues on my arms due to all the extra fluid I carry so I have some major wings.   LOL.

Congrats on how everything is going and good luck!!!

~~Jennifer
HW/232       CW/145.2       GW/???
Panda ..
on 1/16/12 4:29 am
Price S.
on 1/16/12 7:00 am - Mills River, NC
You look terrific and I can't imagine after the plastics.  Woo Hoo, lady.  come back more often.  We miss you.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Jody ***
on 1/16/12 7:35 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
Hi Kay!  Congrats on your weight loss and your grandbabies!!  Its great being able to play with them and not feel like you're dying!!

Oh - I stalked Lee too - even though I already had my TT and BL/BA... I wanted to see how she was doing.  I'm sure she can help you SO much with your LBL.  That's one thing I didn't end up with...  wouldn't mind the lipo now.. thinking about it...

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 278 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 402 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 464 views