Am I NOT big enough? Will I loose too much?

Jackie W.
on 2/2/12 10:31 pm
You will do fine!!  I won't repeat what everyone else said, we've all BTDT!!  Your body will lose what it needs!  Our bodies have an amazing way of stopping when they need to!  People will tell you as you're losing, "you need to stop losing", "You're losing too much"!  Ignore them and just listen to your body and Dr!! 

BTW, I was 234lbs, 5'6".  I needed to lose 100 lbs.  I'm still 5'6" (some people get taller, I stayed exactly the same) and weigh about 122lbs!  All my co morbids are gone!  And I feel great!  Do it for yourself!  Get yourself healthy!!! 

And welcome to the LW's!  Everyone here knows just what you're going through!

There are never any problems, only solutions.  quoted by a dear and special friend!!!

My stats:
Starting weight 234 lbs    Height 5 ft 6 in
Goal in 7 months (127 lbs)
Currently: 120-123 lbs
Tops Small   Bottoms size 2!!!!
UPDATED: 11/11

Linda B.
on 2/3/12 9:59 am - CO
VSG on 09/13/12
I'm fairly new here, but as someone who has heard that too, I say do what you need to do to improve your health. I had a real struggle to get my PCP to refer me for surgery because my BMI is lower than 40. But I know a lot of people who have taken this step and have not regreted it. Their lives have improved dramatically, so go for it.
Texasteacher68
on 2/4/12 10:32 am - TX
 I'm 4'10 and started the process @ 172 pounds. The day of my surgery, I weighed 162. Pre-surgery, my diabetes was out of control. My internist was elated when I mentioned having surgery. My surgeon said I was the perfect candidate. I received insurance approval on the first attempt due to my diabetes. 

I said all of that to say this...you do what is best for you and try not to allow those around you to bring you down. My surgery was 12/19/11. While I'm not too far out yet, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it was life saving. I went off 6 oral meds and a nightly dose of insulin the day of surgery and I haven't taken them since!

imkristy1
on 2/6/12 10:18 am - WI
VSG on 02/13/12
Ive heard the ole' "your not that big" talk many times. Like you, I have diabetes and high blood pressure. Im making this decision for me, not for them. Knowing this makes it a little easier. Ive done so much research and I know the surgery is the right decision to help me become a healthier, more energetic wife and mother. At the start of my journey, my BMI was 36.6. Hang in there, we can do this!

Kristy  5'5"  HW-224   SW-207    GW-140   Goal reached in 40 weeks!  PRE-OP - 17    MTH 1 - 15   MTH 2 - 13    MTH 3 - 12   MTH 4 8    MTH 5 -  5    MTH 6 - 4   MTH 7 - MTH 8 -MTH 9 - 0  MTH 10 - 0

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 303 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 488 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 508 views