Just for fun Friday

Price S.
on 2/9/12 8:34 pm - Mills River, NC
It's the week before Valentines and it is actually Friday (I'm not good at remembering the days anymore it seems).

1.  What are your plans for your honey on Valentines?

2.  What is your favorite chocolate goodie now, WLS friendly?

3.  Card?  Candy?  Flowers?

1.  We never go out due to the crowds.  I usually cook a special meal. This year, maybe we will do lunch out since it is the day before my knee procedure.

2.  My favorite chocolate shake that I also use in my coffee sometimes is Syntrax Mint Cookie. The chocolate protein cake is good too but I put too much cool whip on it.  I put chocolate protein in greek yogurt the other day and was amazed at how good that was.

3.  DH always gets me a card.  I am not as good remembering.  We use to do flowers but haven't in years.  We have been married for 39 yrs and aren't very good about holidays/birthdays anymore.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Diana C.
on 2/9/12 10:15 pm - Austin, TX
RNY on 06/28/11 with
My hubby and I were actually talking about this just last night.  We decided we'd save the money and just bring something home (steak and salad from Salt Grass) rather than do the whole traditional date night (babysitting is super expensive nowadays).

1. Grabbing a nice juicy steak and salad to go from our favorite Steak House

2. I've never liked chocolate even before surgery.  Right now I'm on a honey crisp apple kick for desserts.

3. Hmmm, I prefer flowers even though they die so quickly.  It's nice to receive them at work and have everyone ooohing and ahhing. LOL.

bowknot
on 2/9/12 10:22 pm
We're planning a quiet evening in.  We've agreed to cook a meal together.  We usually warm things up for dinner. 

Chocolate has lost its luster for me.    When I do eat it, I want it to be high quality or why bother?

Not candy, but a card or flowers are always good.  My gift this year was my plastic surgery.  I have a good one in my DH.

Kay

lerkhart
on 2/10/12 1:29 am
Well, DH and I are just not very romantic I guess.  We really don't do much on Valentines.  He used to send me flowers, but I pay all the bills and it was kind of like I was paying for them and back then money was tight so after a couple years of complaining - the flowers stopped!!

1.  What are your plans for your honey on Valentines?  We don't really have any plans.  I am actually attending a class on how to use my Kindle from 6-8 that night.

2.  What is your favorite chocolate goodie now, WLS friendly?  I still love chocolate.  I just finished my flourless chocolate cake, but it had lots of sugar alcohol in it - not sure I will make it again.

3.  Card?  Candy?  Flowers - We do usually get each other a card.  He is actually better at this than I am....I really need to try and do better.

Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
paranoidmother21
on 2/10/12 2:00 am - Lake Zurich, IL
1. Cooking together - of course, that could lead to NO romance afterward! LOL!

2. I love 1/4 cup greek yogurt with 1 tsp SF chocolate pudding mix, 1 scoop chocolate protein, and 2 tablespoons SF caramel sundae sauce.  It needs to set for several hours, but then it's incredible!!

3. Cards.  We'll do flowers the week before or the week after, but not go for the inflated prices the week of Valentines.  Candy - he is SO not a sweets eater, and I limit mine so he doesn't get me any anymore.
Rebecca
Circumferential LBL, anchor TT, BL/BR, brachioplasty 12-16-10 Drs. Howard and Gutowski

Thigh lift 3-24-11, Drs. Howard and Gutowski again!
Height 5' 5".  Start point 254.  DH's goal: 154.  My guess: 144.  Insurance goal: 134.  Currently bouncing around 130-135.

Ladytazz
on 2/10/12 3:23 am, edited 2/10/12 3:26 am
Honestly, I kind of forgot about Valentine's day.  I see my boyfriend on Thursday's and I kind of figured I would give him something then but I am supposed to be having surgery on Wednesday so I wasn't really thinking about it.  Anyway, he came over yesterday with the sweetest card he has ever given me in over 16 years.  I got tears reading it because i knew it was from his heart.  He has been going through really rough times with his family business and a lot of internal problems as is usually the case when a family has a business together but this has gotten very ugly, to the point where his mother actually went to court to have her own grandson fired from the business.  Her own grandson!  Who just had his first child.  She spent thousands to get him fired.  I just don't get it.  That is ugly.  Anyway, it gets worse believe it or not.  And they have been in business for over 40 years.  So my boyfriend is trying to get the funds to buy out the business.  
My boyfriend has always been very generous with me.  Always takes me out to nice places and buys very thoughtful, nice gifts but lately he hasn't really been able to do as much.  He also treats my daughter as his own since he has known her since she was a baby and her own father passed away.  He is the only father she has ever known.  He even talked about adopting her at one point.  He brought her a card that said "To my daughter on Valentine's day" and a box of candy.  He didn't get me candy because he knows I can't eat it.
Back to the card.  In the card it talked about how he would give me the world if he could but since I can't I will give you all that is mine to give - my hopes, my dreams, and my love... always my love.
That meant more to me then anything he has ever given me because I knew it was sincerely from his heart.  I still get tears in my eyes when I read it.  I really do have the best boyfriend in the world.  He has stood by me in my darkest times, when I was 240 lbs, when I was so sick I literally couldn't function, when my sex drive was non existent and we would go months without sex.  I know, TMI, but true.
To answer your question, kind of, let me say that my sex drive has returned and we celebrated in the best way we have in years.  Enough said.  Or too much.

Still love chocolate, especially dark chocolate.  I treat myself to sugar free occasionally but I have to watch the sugar alcohols.  I wish I could find dark chocolate with Splenda.  I do make treats with Hershey's unsweetened special dark chocolate powder, like protein shakes and drinks.

See above.  I will get him a card but I
 think he was very happy with my gift 
I don't usually overdo the emoticons but, well, like I said, it was special.
ETA Where is that fireworks emoticon? 

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Jody ***
on 2/10/12 4:16 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
Hi Price!  Hmm... let me see how to answer this...

1.  What are your plans for your honey on Valentines?  Well... Tom wants to take me out for dinner, but he has a 2 day meeting at a place that's 2 hours away - late night getting back.  I'm thinking of telling him just to stay here.  Because... well... things aren't going all that well

2.  What is your favorite chocolate goodie now, WLS friendly?  Probably my chocolate protein coffees.  I do like dark chocolate and indulge in the occasional treat, but not often at all

3.  Card?  Candy?  Flowers?  Tom loves giving cards,  When I go out of town he puts one in my suitcase almost every time.  He will usually have flowers on the counter when I get home, and knows better than to give me candy.    I typically don't get him anything.  If things were better between us I would, but I don't want to give him hope.

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

MajorMom
on 2/10/12 6:58 am - VA
1) Oh crap! It's Valentines Day? 

2) Chocolate covered M&Ms...gotta have a little protein

3) Card for DH and he sends me flowers at work.

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 304 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views