Just checking in!

BridgetJones
on 7/30/12 9:55 pm - Belle Vernon, PA
 Things are starting to straighten out a little for me.  I am getting some of the financial mess cleaned up.  Slowly and I'll be paying it off until I am dead but at least Israel will bury me :)

I weigh 60kilo which is quite a way from my absolute low of 48k when we first moved.  I feel fat and I am battling the self image demons again.  I feel FAT and my clothes are tighter than before so therefore I have concluded I look like I did before RNY.

I have decided to start moving around a bit.  I was one of those lucky losers so to speak who just lost and lost and didn't have to really work too hard.  Now I am 3 years out and I want to lose about 10k and I am finding it difficult.  So....I have a wii which I love and tennis....guess what I'll be doing every afternoon after work.

I am eliminiating white stuff again....and getting back in form with my protein drinks.  Any other advice to drop a some kilos?  I walk back and forth to work about a 1/2 mile total.  We don't have a car in Jerusalem so if I go somewhere - yep I am walking.  

So meal plans are also welcome - I obviously am pretty far off track and need someone to shine the flashlight my way and bring me back.

Thanks!

Bridget from Jerusalem, Israel

5'5"   SW - 208  GW1 - 138  GW2 - 108 Lowest W - 108  CW - 158.5

Seeking revision from RNY to DS due to extreme hypoglycemia

Original surgery June 24, 2009        

Huneypie
on 7/30/12 10:35 pm - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
Hi Bridget, sorry for your financial woes.  I don't have any RNY specific advice, but I do suggest that you check out Roz's daily menus and miles thread.  Roz is an RNYer and I'm sure you'll get advice and food ideas from there.  HTH

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Jody ***
on 7/30/12 10:52 pm - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
 Bridget - you're 5'5" and 132 lbs?  I think you probably look awesome!  

My lowest was 121... I held at 123-125 for years... then after my honeymoon period got up over 130.  Yes, I'm not happy about it... and would like to lose 8 or so lbs too.  I too see the fat girl in the mirror again... and in the spots I've always hated.  Of course when I look in the mirror that's all I see... 

Just keep moving.  Eliminate simple carbs - it looks like you've got a great thing going with the veggies/fruit there!  Get your protein drinks in - it sounds like you're already doing the right things - or know what to do!

Take a look at Roz' Menu and Miles post - you can get some great meal ideas there!

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Roz !!!!
on 7/30/12 11:15 pm - Butler, PA
Hello Bridget!!!!  It's so Great to hear from you!!!   When did you move to Isarel?  The last thing I can remember is that you went there to renew your wedding vows.  Sorry about your financial problems (I didn't know about them either) and glad to hear you are getting things sorted out.

I'm not sure what kilo and k weights are it is possible to get back on track!  It sounds like you have a Good Plan!!!

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

dasie
on 7/31/12 12:38 am

One of my newest goals is to get to Jerusalem.  I feel a calling in my soul and hope to do that one day.

Best of luck as you lose.  The walking will be great.

Price S.
on 7/31/12 7:46 am - Mills River, NC
Welcome back.  Sounds like you have a good plan, increase protein, decrease white carbs.  Keep moving.  Post on Miles and menus.  Looking forward to hearing more from you.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

godzilla
on 8/1/12 12:55 am - Israel
She's back!
Sorry your suffering but with posting it can keep you grounded.
I wish I weighed what you did! And I'm shorter than you!
I am in Tel HaShomer hospital near Tel Aviv after a Breast Lift, scar revision from TT gangrene where pubic mins was pulled up real tight and a left inguinal hernia repair.
My boobs are so swollen and perky. The PS team marvel at them and I think they wonder why I don't seem happier. My combined surgery was Monday and today has been a bad pain day. I was supposed to be released but Dr.Haik decided based on my past healing history to keep me in an extra day.
Depending on which HMO you are on and if you have documented proof of your weight-loss, you could consider Plastics depending on how you know you heal and your worry for E welfare.
Sorry for hijacking your post.
Mikimi in Israel
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 288 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views