I have moved... let the unpacking begin...

LucysJourney
on 9/16/13 12:00 am - VA
RNY on 01/14/13

WOW... I can't find my toothbrush... went out and bought a new one... Rule # (whatever it is)... enjoy the little things... I have my protein, vits., and an entire house to unpack...

IDK where to start... I think I will start in my bedroom to create a safe haven... the kitchen and dinning rooms are in chaos.  Good news... the bathrooms are clear.  Can't find sh#!#$%t but I can take a shower and brush my teeth.

Check in with you later... oh and I have muscles... who'd a thunk it... they hurt... lol

Lucy

~~ Lucy

southernlady5464
on 9/16/13 12:26 am

LOL...welcome to my world...but it is getting better here. Or was!

Having the critical items is a big help. Start with creating a place to relax in spite of the chaos around you...either bedroom or a corner of the living room OR BOTH!

After I found my safe havens, I tackled the kitchen. I can't function for long with a packed kitchen. Oh and HAD to find my coffee pot the first day, LOL.

Muscles are a good thing.

Glad the move went well.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

LucysJourney
on 9/16/13 6:16 am - VA
RNY on 01/14/13

The important Coffee pot... I pulled the backup pot from our Camper as I knew exactly where it was...

I am at work now... going over in my head what is going to be the first thing I tackle when I get home and it will be our bedroom... then the kitchen as I to can't stand an unorganized kitchen...

lol... daunting... but I am up for the challenge... kinda have to right??

~~ Lucy

Roz !!!!
on 9/16/13 2:56 am - Butler, PA

I'll be thinking about you!  Moving..packing..unpacking are NOT something I would want to do at my age!!

DD#3, DH, and 2 Grandsons moved out of our house last fall and had their house completely unpacked in a day! We stopped over the day after and I couldn't believe it.  They both HATE clutter and things out of order. Since they had packed their household stuff 4 years earlier they weren't exhausted like you were packing up to move.  She did get rid of a lot of stuff before they moved which probably helped.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

LucysJourney
on 9/16/13 6:18 am - VA
RNY on 01/14/13

I swear this is going to be my last one... This is just nuts... I am back at work today and can't tackle anything till I get home at 7 or so... then it will only be for a few hours before I have to sleep... and do it all over again tomorrow... then the next day, and the next day... well you get it... until it is all done.

~~ Lucy

Price S.
on 9/16/13 10:51 am - Mills River, NC

I haven't moved since '91.  there is good and bad about that. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

LucysJourney
on 9/18/13 2:12 am - VA
RNY on 01/14/13

I have moved three times in the last 20 years... prior to that, being in the military we moved every 3 years or so... It was very hard... but hey it's done now... and my Mantra is... I CAN DO HARD THINGS.. so this was just another hard thing we had to get through and now we are on the other side... yes it was still hard... but it is behind us now.

I quite like the unpacking tho... it is like discovering presents...finding new purposes for things and giving thanks that your favorite pieces made the move without breaking...

All is good.

~~ Lucy

Huneypie
on 9/17/13 3:36 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

At least you'll have the opportunity to clear things out.

Make sure you do take some time to rest and relax though.  When we moved 10 years ago I was working on unpacking, sorting and organizing non stop and I ended up with a really bad cough which didn't start to shift until I went home early one day and slept a few hours on the sofa... I'd had the cough for about a week and was so bad everyone told me to go home as they couldn't concentrate in the office with my incessant coughing.

The coughing SIGNIFICANTLY reduced after having a siesta for a couple of hours!!

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

LucysJourney
on 9/18/13 2:18 am - VA
RNY on 01/14/13

We did a lot of clearing out when we packed up.  Our local Christian Ministries was very appreciative... 

I can't work at it non-stop although my mind is constantly sorting and rearranging... I listen to my body and when I start to feel even remotely weird, I call it a day... and have a protein coffee crying.  I can't afford to let my body get me into trouble...

So far so good... this upcoming weekend will be a challenge... we still have a fence to put up to keep our dogs from getting into trouble... that is our priority this weekend...  the posts are already placed so it is just a matter of setting the gates and running the fencing wire...  wish me luck...

kiss

~~ Lucy

Huneypie
on 9/18/13 5:26 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

All the best.  I hope you get some OK weather for putting up the fence ;-)

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 290 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 414 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views