Hi Lightweights!!!!!

Roz !!!!
on 1/8/19 3:59 pm - Butler, PA

I'm so sad! Only a couple posts since I stopped in a few months ago. I completely understand though. I stopped posting because there were only a few responded.

The LW Board was what kept be going when I was in the losing stage. I couldn't have done it if I hadn't of posted every day.

There were so many posters back then who supported me and gave me advice along the way. I'm still friends on FB with some of them.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Ginnny
on 1/10/19 8:21 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Hi Roz, hope all is well with you!

There are so many boards to post to so I think that is why you don't see much going on here. Even the main boards have been pretty quiet lately.

People just get busy and need to prioritize their time.

I hope that you are staying the course and continue to be successful.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Teri P.
on 1/30/19 1:00 pm
RNY on 01/15/19

Roz

I am glad you are checking back with this forum. I hope some other Lightweights would join in. I went to my 2 week post-op visit today (I had the RNY) and my doctor said as I was not so heavy, I could expect to lost 1-2 pounds A MONTH!!!! I will never make goal at that rate! Maybe he was trying to scare me. I am already walking 2 miles a day and no cheating. Just got to soft foods today. That was a discouraging statement!

Thanks for your postings I went back to read some. Teri

Roz !!!!
on 1/31/19 8:32 pm - Butler, PA

Welcome and congrats on your RNY! This LW board was my main support team after my RNY and I I've met a lot of LW's who have had the RNY but never one who only lost 2 pounds a month! Maybe he doesn't want to get your hopes up. My surgery was on October and I know by Christmas I had lost a decent amount. I think it's posted on my profile page. Concentrate on Protein food/drinks. Cut out as many carbs as you can. If you can go back and read some of the old LW menus. Are you an active person? Exercise etc. I never was so I didn't count on that as a way to loose weight. So many people start exercising and then lose interest and start gaining their weight back. If you've always been an active person then definitely go for it but if you aren't chances are you will quit soon after goal and the weight will start coming back on.

Roz

on Maintenance

Teri P.
on 2/5/19 4:02 am
RNY on 01/15/19

Roz

i have done a lot of walking for exercise over the years. I started walking again before surgery and joined our church fitness center for the year. I have done well walking at least 30 minutes and up to 3 miles a day- mostly 2.5 miles. I plan to stick to it as it helps me feel better. I want to try yoga as well, for flexibilty

I think my surgeon told me 1-2 pounds a month to " under promise and over deliver" on results. I attended all the program classes and consults and know better

Roz !!!!
on 3/2/19 6:03 pm - Butler, PA

I wondered how you were doing.

Roz

on Maintenance

Teri P.
on 3/4/19 9:29 am
RNY on 01/15/19

Roz

I am doing great. I have lost 18 pounds since January 15th, my surgery date. Walking 2 to 4 miles a day. Just joined a small group fitness place as I need to do more than walk. I hope to learn some good exercise routines with a 1:4 trainer ratio, then go back to my church gym and implement. Still on soft foods. Total loss since Aug 4 is 33 pounds , so shopping in my closet now, in the "save this as I am gonna lose weight" section. Glad I saved some of those clothes now!

Not really cooking but beginning to look at some of the recipes on different websites. Thanks for asking!! Teri.

Hey, how do you put that stuff at the bottom of your messages that shows M-1. M-2 and weight loss in pounds?? Thanks

(deactivated member)
on 3/19/19 2:42 pm
VSG on 08/06/12
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 288 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...