Recent Posts

Member Services
on 10/7/09 3:19 am - Irvine, CA
Topic: Groups & Activity

The last several months have been fairly busy ones here at OH and we are really excited
about this upcoming release. First, long overdue is the public release of OH Groups. You
will now be able to start and  manage your own public groups. Second, is a major update
to Health Tracker....Activity! We are planning to release these new features on Wednesday evening, October 7, 2009.

OH Groups

Getting to OH Groups is easy. Just click on the Groups tab at the top of any page on ObesityHelp. OH Groups allows you to start and manage your own groups, you can find groups that suit your interests and find support groups in your area.
If you are looking for an OH Group that focuses on a specific topic, you can browse groups by category.

Activity

To get to your Activity Tracker, click “My OH" at the top of any page on ObesityHelp, select “Health Tracker" on the left and then click the “Activity" tab.

Understanding your total daily caloric expenditure requires more than just knowing how many calories you burned on the treadmill. In your Health Tracker settings area you are now able to estimate the caloric expenditure of your resting metabolic rate (RMR) and lifestyle. These estimates are integrated and displayed with the caloric expenditure of the activities you have logged.
Your exercise log allows you to search for and add strength training exercises, cardiovascular exercises and general activities to your daily log. Caloric expenditure is auto calculated for a number of activities already included in our database of exercises. Pie charts display details about caloric expenditure and time for each type of activity.
Sets can be added and subtracted from strength training exercises. Reps and weight used can be entered for each set.
A number of details can be tracked for cardiovascular exercises and general activities. Some of these variables include, time, distance, calories burned, average heart rate, average power, altitude gained and average grade.
If you can’t find the exercise or activity you have participated in, you can also add your own custom exercises.
Other updates include the ability to create list of your favorite exercises, reports have been updated to include a number of activity items, the nutrition search has been enhanced and we have managed to slip in a sweet macronutrient report under the “Reports" tab.

If you have any questions, comments or concerns about the features in this release, please submit those here.

If your are new to ObesityHelp or have not used ObesityHelp's Health Tracker before, you can learn about the first release here and the second release here.

Need help using Health Tracker? Click here for help.

Enjoy!

XcLuSiVePuErToRiCa
NMaMi

on 6/30/09 11:35 am - Cohoes, NY
Topic: RE: 100 LBS GONE FOREVER!!!!!!!!!
Wow congratulations!!! Thats a agreat milestone!!
                ♥ ~Alexandra RNY Completed 8/19/09~ ♥
  Height 5'1--HW 266*/CW-200*/GW-125*

www.myspace.com/lilprnene or www.facebook.com/Yasenias.Mommy

tgrar
on 6/18/09 2:31 pm
Topic: RE: Reassuring Kids
hi, I am having a hardtime with wife and kids 23, 21, 16. I havbe told them that I have had a problem for the last 40 yrs with weight. I trell them that I am doing it so I won't die prematurely due to diabetes, heart attck or any othe co- morbidity. They get upset when I eat anything that they consider a trerat and can't understand how the lap band is going to change things, but I do and they will have to trust me. I am doing it for me! so that I can fit into rides at amusement parks, so I don't have to be a contortionist to shoewer or go mto trhe bathroom, so people won't stare at me as their father. So I can walk them down the aisle and play with their kids.So I can play physical games with the entire family and take walks or  RUN. There are so many other thing that you can add but most importantly this is gonna improve your life and in doi9ng so will improve theirs. Good luck and God Bless
Jennifer K.
on 5/20/09 5:54 am - Terrell, TX
Topic: Add me on MySpace, Twitter, Facebook
Hey fellow WLS parents.  Please add me on all of my sites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/jennyandmorris

http://twitter.com/itsyourgurljenn

Jennifer Soule Keeney's Profile
Jennifer Soule Keeney's Facebook Profile
Create Your Badge

Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

Jennifer K.
on 5/17/09 5:33 am - Terrell, TX
Topic: 100 LBS GONE FOREVER!!!!!!!!!
For several weeks my weight didn't budge.  I also wasn't taking my vitamins like I should have been, I wasn't getting that much protein in me that I needed, my hair even started falling out.  Anyways, I found this website through another post for a plateau buster.  It's called the 5 Day Pouch Test www.5daypouchtest.com/plan/theplan.html IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I've been drinking my protein shakes again, taking all of my supplements like I should be, and making sure i'm getting a minimum of 64 oz of water/tea in me a day.  I did it exactly like it said and I lost about 6 lbs in 5 days!!  WOOHOO  Which brings me to my next WOW moment...

I LOST 100 POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  OMG OMG OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! I FINALLY DID IT!!

This was one of my main goals and it has been completed!!!  I was beside myself when I saw what the scale read.  I weighed myself like 5 times before I believed it LOL!!
  SIGN ME UP FOR THE CENTURY CLUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

sanguinarythorn
on 5/17/09 3:42 am - Newport News, VA
Topic: RE: breast feeding after weight loss surgery
I had my baby 3 1/2 years after WLS and 3 years after a BA. I breast fed him until he was 6 months old with little to no problems.
E N.
on 4/30/09 12:35 pm - Belleville, IL
Topic: RE: Anti-depressants after gastric by-pass
change your psyc now.
Do you know what they call medical students at the bottom of their class?
Doctor..........
I have suffered from depression pretty much always. finding the right med is a tedious terrible journey and if you have gone to someone 3 times and told them that you cant take CR or DR then move on to someone else. Dont let some idot perscribe chemichals for your brain.
Yeah i love how it takes almost a month to see someone and then a month to see if the meds are working...... in the mean time, what am I supposed to do?
Im pretty sure I take a delayed release tablet and I dont have any side effects except for the usual headaches that I had before, so its not from taking a DR.
see a psychologist while your adjusting your meds. My psyc requires it.
LaydeA74
on 4/25/09 12:14 pm - LAVEEN, AZ
Topic: Reassuring Kids
Good evening.  I am a single mother of 2 girls (9 and 13) and they are apprehensive (sp?) about me having the WLS.  Has anyone experiencesd this?  How did you comfort them and let them know that things would be ok?

Member Services
on 3/21/09 11:37 pm - Irvine, CA
Topic: Maintenance Scheduled for Thursday, March 26th

Due to scheduled maintenance, all of our web services will be unavailable on Thursday, March 26th starting at 11:59PM PDT lasting for approximately one hour. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Mariah
on 2/8/09 8:00 am - Richmond, IN
Topic: recipe forum

Thank you ladies and gents,

So many of you have signed for the recipe forum and Ive gotten so many new recipes from all of you.  I got a new new idea there for  a talopia  with black bean salsa that was awesome from one of your recipes.There are so many recipes now I could try a new one everyday for the rest of my life I think.

I have sent out over 120 invites now and I even won a mixer from Kitchenaid on tuesday for so many ppl joining.  I dont need it since I already have 2.  So I promised it to give it to a lady on here that recently lost her job and had signed up.  I hope she enjoys it.    

Anyone else wants to join just let me know at [email protected]

This is my favorite site for Healthy Recipes

http://www.bakespace.com/loginjoin/invite/8491

This is my favorite online site for shopping

http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=190995

Most Active
Recent Topics
Support for Non-Surgical Members
Cathy W. · 0 replies · 7496 views
How do you....
Sandie E. · 0 replies · 8103 views
test