Nutrition Tracking and More Now Launched

Member Services
on 8/27/09 5:35 am, edited 8/7/09 6:56 am - Irvine, CA

We are excited to announce a number of big updates to Health Tracker; the most exciting being the introduction of Nutrition Tracking.

Nutrition

While we may be a bit biased, we think the new Nutrition Log here at ObesityHelp manages to be one of the easiest around to use without sacrificing functionality. What sets it apart from the others? Most nutrition logs force you to search for foods on one page, provide the details for a food item eaten on another page, and yet another page to actually view the items you have eaten for any particular day. Bottom line, you can't search for and add items while also viewing what you have eaten. We have streamlined the food logging process so that you can find the food items you are searching for, add them to your food log, view your food log and receive summary reports all on one page. You can also build a favorite foods list and create custom foods. If you can't find a particular food that you eat, perhaps a protein shake or something from your favorite restaurant, you can create a custom food and share it with the community. Click here to give it try!

Body

Body has a new look and we have added the ability for you to manage (add and remove) the variables that you would like to track.

Tickers & Widgets

You can now specify if you would like your tickers to display "amount to go" or "amount changed". Tickers can now also be automatically inserted into your messageboard signature and/or profile introduction as you create them.

A widget displaying your macronutrient breakdown averages for various date ranges has also been added. This widget can be placed on any personal website or blog.

Reports

Custom reports can now be created using any number of variables from body and nutrition. These reports can be downloaded as a spreadsheet and make a great document to share with your physician, dietitian, personal trainer and friends.

Getting There

Once you are logged into ObesityHelp click "My OH" at the top of any page on ObesityHelp and select "Health Tracker" on the left. Click here to give it try!

What Are We Working On Next?

Activity tracking and other oh so fun stuff! Until then, enjoy the new features!

Comments, issues or concerns? Reply to this post and let us know.

MSW will not settle
on 8/6/09 6:30 am
I've been waiting for this.  It will be a real time saver for me. 

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

(deactivated member)
on 8/7/09 3:11 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I'd love to use the nutrition tools (food lists/tracking).  I do not see it anywhere on my account profile.  Is it available yet?  If so where do I find the food log??

Thanks!!
Kathy S.
on 8/7/09 3:15 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
We are in the middle of launching it.....stay tuned 

Take care,
Kathy S
Member Services

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

(deactivated member)
on 8/7/09 3:45 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
COOL!
Any idea what date it will be available? 
Thanks a bunch
Ruth
JeremyGentles
on 8/7/09 6:40 am - Johnson City, TN
It's up and running now!

Jeremy Gentles, MA, CSCS
ObesityHelp Exercise Physiologist

(deactivated member)
on 8/7/09 6:44 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
COOL.....I'm going there now!
Kathy S.
on 8/7/09 11:04 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
Good Morning,

The launch is complete and the Nutrition Tracker is available now.  Here is a link to the tutorial showing you how to use it. 

http://www.obesityhelp.com/content/sitehelp.html

If you need any further help just email us at
[email protected]

Have fun!  I am going there now to log my breakfast and water          

Take care,
Kathy

Member Services

(deactivated member)
on 8/8/09 12:19 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I've been enjoying playing with it since yesterday!  I LOVE IT!!!!

FYI -I noticed the updates to the WATER tracker do not get saved.  Every time I go to the page it doesn't show the 12 cups I clicked on earlier.
Also
I cannot see the options to save my goals for calories, fat, fiber, vitamins,  etc etc.  I saw it there yesterday morning directly under the option for body measurements but now it's gone.  Any ideas where I can find that??

THANKS!
Kathy S.
on 8/8/09 12:58 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
Hello,

Make sure when  you click your water that is says at the bottom "water data has been saved", before leaving HT (Health Tracker).  You may also want to try refreshing  your page and if you are using IE, internet explorer there are known display issues.  Try firefox, if  you still can't get your waters to save then please contact us at [email protected].

Checking on the other issue for you and will get back to you shortly.

Take care,
Kathy

Most Active