VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Thanksgiving True C...

Thanksgiving True Confessions

diane S.
on 11/26/10 2:19 am
Well, how did we all do on the big stuffing day? I had to cook the whole turkey/stuffing/gravey and stuff. Told my guests if they wanted dessert or yams they had to bring them. they did. I ate a small portion of each thing including   a tiny sliver of pumpkin pie. Pretty much had the mid day meal, pistacho nuts for a  snack, greek yogurt for dinner and a bite of ham. thank god for the sleeve. prevented me from eating a big bowl of stuffing and gravey. And not too many leftovers around except the turkey which is a totally acceptable eating option. So made it through the day with maybe 1100 calories though its hard to calculate. Feel good to have stayed on mission. But I sure am getting to hate cooking all that crap even though I  have it really streamlined and simple. May just refuse to do it in future years. What about you guys?  D

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

ThinLizzy
on 11/26/10 2:54 am - Benicia, CA
We went to a friend's house...over 20 people there, so it was a ton of fun. I was in charge of bringing the cranberry sauce, which was an easy one to make and bring, and a Pumpkin Ginger Trifle. That involved making a pumpkin custard, layering it with gingerbread and gobs of whipped cream. Probably about 1000 calories a tablespoon, lol!

There was SO much food since everyone brought side dishes, desserts, appetizers, etc.

I ate whatever I wanted, skipped the boring stuff (like I had one bite of turkey, lol) and didn't worry about it at all--because it was NOT very much food.

I brought the leftover Trifle home and promptly threw it away, though.

Down a 1/2 lb. this morning...

Happy Thanksgiving, all!

Starting BMI-38.5, Surgery 08/14/07

(deactivated member)
on 11/26/10 3:04 am - Humboldt, CA
Went to my folks...easily the most calories I ingested was the alcohol...
had some turkey that my cousin and brother cooked, a bit of stuffing that my SIL made, a bit of potatoes my son made, a splash of gravy my nephew made, some of the cranberries I brought, some salad mom made and a half piece of apple pie my dad made with a pile of whipped cream my other son made.
A fine time had by all.

Have no leftovers here (oh, except for the spare pie my hubby made, but that's not an issue for me) so it is a clean slate for meals to come.
Hope you all get a chance to go for a nice walk in the brisk autumn air...
Enjoy.
MC

MikeyMike
on 11/26/10 6:04 am, edited 11/26/10 6:06 am - New York, NY
Went to my mother in law's. Had a great time.

Things started off good. Had a couple of bytes of turkey, chicken, Mac & Cheese, string beans. But then desert came and I lost control. Had a bit too much. I spaced things out so I could try multiple items.

Didn't gain or loose any weight. I was expecting to put some on.

Today's a new day and I'm back on plan.

Highest Weight: 380                      Consult Weight: 357             Surgery Weight: 309 
Goal Weight: 220 (9/29/10)      Revised Goal Range 215-220         Current Weight: 224
Plastics: Circumferential Lower Body Lift - 11/18/2011
              Gynecomastia - 6/14/2012

mini_me_ now
on 11/26/10 6:23 am
well it was prime rib, mashed potatoes, creamed spinach, candied yams and way too much  desert.... but today is a new day just had my 2nd protein shake so all is on track again.
Linda     5".4

6lbs under goal weight
                  Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 

Maintaining Cindy
on 11/26/10 6:39 am
Bough a turkey lunch, with all the fixin's made locally here, split it with hubby (I probably had about an 1/8 of it...) did ok with that, for the most part, but too many carbs...

Sold two propeties yesterday, so went out for pizza with hubby to celebrate...  not so good there.

Went for a walk after and had ice cream, but it was one small scoop..

I was basically a piglet...

Today was not much better, I am still a piglet...

I am basically out of control, I admit it...

Not really worried, I know what happens when I behave for a few days, but have more carbs already lined up for tomorrow...

Going to plan to get back on track 100% on Monday, and not panic, and not over react, and not beat myself up, and just do what I know I need to do...

I have walked at least 4 miles a day... during this whole piglet carb fest.

Congrats to all of you that behaved, and congrats to all of you that didn't (snicker snicker...)

Hugs,

sassyscorpio
on 11/26/10 6:48 am
Had a protein shake for breakfast and lunch Then I had turkey and salad for dinner and later  a piece of pecan pie . I still managed to gain a lb. 

I am bummed that I am so tired from going to walmart at minight and shopping til 1:30, then getting up early to hit another sale. Now I am too tired to the gym.

The rest of the weekend I should be able to stay on track and go to the gym both days.

band 12-29-06     revision  to sleeve  Alberto Aceves  4-29-09

I love my sleeve!!

Lost 107 lbs and maintaining

Posted Image

frisco
on 11/26/10 3:30 pm
Mine went just fine.....

My brother and family went out of state to my SIL parents...

I got to spend quality time with my mom as we were dog sitting bros 6 month old pup...... took the dog for a few walks......

My mom and I had "Fresh Dungeness Crab" some Salad and a Roasted Red Bell Pepper Soup.... Was awesome! Had a piece of pumpkin pie the size of a gum eraser.

The bad part is during the night when I would take the dog out to pee..... I would eat a Mini Milky Way(the tiny one, smaller than the fun size) that was in moms candy bowl......

Well in the morning I counted 4 wrappers on the night stand..... Although I ate them in a groggy sleepy mode.... and I did enjoy them...... It was a shocking reminder how easy it would be to fall off the wagon..... I don't feel bad about it, as it is a reminder that this is life and I'm going to constantly have to deal with it. 

I'm just not one of those that is going to be able to eat anything I want and still maintain a weight...

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

(deactivated member)
on 11/26/10 9:17 pm
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Delicious bubs! 

"I'm just not one of those that is going to be able to eat anything I want and still maintain a weight.."

You or me, baby - but its not a good thing, or a bad thing.  Its just the way things are! 

I am pretty sure the road to hell is not lined with good intentions, but freaking candy bowls. 
laurak712
on 11/26/10 10:57 pm - New Braunfels, TX
Well, I had 2 Thanksgiving dinners to eat.  I ate at hubby's familie's on Wednesday and had whatever I wanted.  Then at my house on Thursday, I was just not very hungry at all after the food fest the night before.  That's pretty typical for me though.  If I have a "bad" day of too much fattening food, it stays with me for about 2 days and I'm just grossed out by food for a while.  Then by the 3rd day, I'm ready to eat normally again.

I did manage to keep up my workout schedule and weight trained heavily on both Wednesday and Friday.  So, still skinny as of today.
Laura

Height 5' 7