VSG Maintenance Group

Poll for 1 year+

(deactivated member)
on 12/28/10 7:52 pm
Last night I had chopped beef barbeque.

I could eat about 3-3.5 ozs and was really full. (maybe a little too full)

Got me thinking about capacity since I still weight my food from time to time.

How much dense protein can y'all eat and how far out, please?

(I know it will vary, just trying to see if there's any consensus)
mini_me_ now
on 12/28/10 8:05 pm
 normally 3-3.5 oz if i only eat protein, if im eating vegies prob more like 2.5  but that also depends if there is sauce or something to make it slide if so i can eat more.... I eat barbeque often its my now go to food haha  but i dont add any of the sauces to the meat as i find since surgery i enjoy the flavours of the meat without sauce..

Linda     5".4

6lbs under goal weight
                  Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

(deactivated member)
on 12/28/10 8:17 pm
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Depends on the meat, if its covered in slickery something or dry too.  I am a little over 1-1/2 years out.  2 ounces and I am satisfied.  3 ounces and I am full.  I could, depending on the meat, probably get 4 ounces in if I were hellbent on it.  Shrimp, boiled or steamed, seems to puff up in my gullet, so 3 ounces is it for shrimp that is boiled or steamed (and not lubed up with a gravy, sauce, butteryness, et cetera).  Fish and other not so dense meats, I could probably eat more without feeling as full as I would with beef or pork.

Man.. OH is locking up nicely on me this morning.
VickyO
on 12/29/10 2:38 am - Riverside, CA
Dense-Dense protein like baked chicken.....maybe 2 1/2 or 3 oz.  I would like to get back to the basics again.  Dense fills me up so quickly.......

(deactivated member)
on 12/29/10 2:58 am - Humboldt, CA
At 3 year 9 months out I can do about the same as the rest of you "newbies". Three and a half to four, MAYBE four and a half if its in sauce, or something slick, or it's over a bit of time (steak vs fish).

It's a good tool. For the long haul.
MC

bajahahamama
on 12/29/10 12:27 pm - CA
At 3 yrs out I can eat about 3-4 oz dense, 4-5 oz Fish, about the same amount as I could eat at 1 year out.

jimbovsg
on 12/29/10 5:10 pm
about 3oz of meat maybe less.  I'm 16 months out

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

(deactivated member)
on 12/30/10 2:55 am
I can eat about 3-5 oz. depending on the density and the particular day.  Some days I can eat a lot more than others.  I am 16 months out but my doctor told me that my sleeve has matured and this is what I will be able to eat for life.
frisco
on 12/30/10 9:25 am
I'm about 15 months out.......

any more than 2oz. of chicken breast or steak/roast beef and I'm feeling it......

Note: I have been trying to be the case study for under eating my sleeves capacity.

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

diane S.
on 12/30/10 9:59 am
i can only do about 3 ounces at 14 months. I feel every bit as restricted as I did at 4 months. Guess thats the idea. It does seem possible to eat a little more in the way of "slider" foods but the dense protein is still very limited. And I have to go slow at it. Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!!