VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » NSV???? or Problem?...

NSV???? or Problem????

MikeyMike
on 1/31/11 11:41 am - New York, NY

Today I was exercising in my hotel room. I had taken my shirt off and was looking at my upper body in the mirror. I was doing my cool down stretching. I extended my arms above my head and was admiring the fact that my Man boobs and excess skin disappear when I stretch my arms all the way above my head. I notice something in the mirror that I have never in my life seen. Under my breast plate I notice that my skin was moving to a rhythm. I realized that I could see my heart beating. Just when I thought I exhausted every NSV and there were no more to be had. I was thinking how cool it was. Then it hit me. I'm I supposed to see that? It this normal? Is my heart protected?

For those of you that haven't been overweight your whole life. Is this normal??? I've been overweight most of my life. I don't know if this is normal or not.

Highest Weight: 380                      Consult Weight: 357             Surgery Weight: 309 
Goal Weight: 220 (9/29/10)      Revised Goal Range 215-220         Current Weight: 224
Plastics: Circumferential Lower Body Lift - 11/18/2011
              Gynecomastia - 6/14/2012

laurak712
on 1/31/11 11:51 am - New Braunfels, TX
Well Mike you got me curious, so I went in the bathroom and took off my bra, raised up my arms and I could see mine too!  Welcome to the skinny club.  I bet it's totally normal.  I can see my 3 year old granddaughter's too.

Laura

Height 5' 7

MikeyMike
on 1/31/11 11:54 am - New York, NY
LOL...Thanks for the experiment...It's a relief.

Highest Weight: 380                      Consult Weight: 357             Surgery Weight: 309 
Goal Weight: 220 (9/29/10)      Revised Goal Range 215-220         Current Weight: 224
              Gynecomastia - 6/14/2012

diane S.
on 1/31/11 12:08 pm
Hey mikey mike, you are gonna make about 200 people go do jumping jacks for 15 min and then go look in the bathroom mirror to see if they can see their hearts! Just like my post a day or so made everyone look at belly button!  But I agree this is a definite and wonderful NSV. Imagine being able to see that for the first time! I gotta go look too. I have gradually discovered all these ribs, tailbone, knees and even sternum that i was sure I didn't really have. Thought my skeleton was really just like some little volkswagon shaped thing. Anyway, congrats and good for you for exercising while traveling. Its not easy to get the discipline to do that when all some of us want to do on business travel is get a drink.! diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Still Fawn
on 1/31/11 12:46 pm - SIERRA MADRE, CA
Awesome NSV! It is definitely normal! When I work out or get all excited like I can see my heart beating too.. i can even feel it beating all over my body... it is very, very nifty!

I am still loving life with my sleeve! Been maintaining at or below goal for over 4 years!
"People spend a lifetime searching for happiness; looking for peace. They chase idle dreams, addictions, religions, even other people, hoping to fill the emptiness that plagues them. The irony is the only place they ever needed to search was within."   - Ramona L. Anderson

jimbovsg
on 1/31/11 4:55 pm

Hmmm............. I don't know?     Are you sure an alien didn't implant it's baby in your chest?   Ya never know!!!  

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

Mimi N. Y.
on 2/1/11 12:59 am - New York, NY

I have also discovered bones/ligaments/etc....it is freaky & cool at the same time!
Jen C.
on 1/31/11 9:26 pm
That's not your heart, it's your aorta.

It's okay to see your aorta pulsating, but you should not be able to feel it- if it feels like a lump or starts getting bigger then go get it check ed out. My uncle died at age 65 when his aorta ruptured.

Height: 5'7"     Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!!  
                          http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

MikeyMike
on 1/31/11 9:52 pm - New York, NY
Thanks Guys,

Don't feel it...Can only see it...I have my Annual followup next month. I'll put it on the list to ask my Dr. about just to be on the safe side.

Don't think I was abducted by aliens...But then again...You never know!!!

Gynecomastia - 6/14/2012

(deactivated member)
on 1/31/11 9:59 pm - GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with

I think the residual effects of the anal probe are the most telling after effects of abduction.  :}  You would know.