What's on your Thursday menu RNYers?

NYMom222
on 11/9/17 9:45 am
RNY on 07/23/14

The brownies have been amazing....

I am interested to see how the cheesecake turns out. Cheesecake is fairly easy to make sugar free and it's naturally low carb but not low calorie. Using pumpkin does cut back on the calories some. Will let you know the verdict.

Recovery OK. Decided needed to give myself more rest the last 2 days to heal... as hard as that is to believe as it seems like I am doing nothing. 3 weeks today. ½ way done with my brace

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Emiepie
on 11/9/17 10:01 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Wow, 1/2 way through the time with your brace. It's good that you're resting when you need to-listen to your body.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Ereiam
on 11/9/17 6:56 am
RNY on 05/16/16

Good morning. Two more days to my vacation, yay!!!

Qotd: my husband is really hard to buy for and is a Colorado University fan. There was a game in the early 90s between CU and Michigan State that was going badly for CU. He turned it off in the last five minutes. Of course, CU threw a Hail Mary pass and won at the last second and he missed it. Years later, I was able to track down a copy of the game on the internet and give it to him for Christmas. He pulls it out still and watches the whole game.

B nothing

L shredded chicken, cucumber

S greek yogurt, cashews

D chicken with feta and olives

S almond butter

Water and vits on track. Feeling pretty much back to normal after that bug and can't wait to start exercising again.

SW: 270 CW: 181.4 GW: 165

RNY 5/16/16

BE NOT AFRAID JPII

Amy Liz
on 11/9/17 12:02 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

I love your gift!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

CarlRay
on 11/9/17 7:18 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Good morning!

Menu: B: tuna/broccoli/cauliflower/cottage cheese thing that I've been making for a week or two. It's a little weird, but seems to be agreeing with me at breakfast.

MS/AS: 1/2 cup ff greek, 2 oz fresh raspberry/blackberry mixed.

L: chicken noodle soup from yesterday that my wife made. I went for lunch yesterday with my folks, and had a mango almond salad with feta cheese and some sort of vinaigrette dressing. Amazing.

S: Unknown but likely the soup again before I teach drums at 6.

ES: Decaf while teaching, and decaf after. Last night I had some peanuts with my decaf while relaxing with my wife, but otherwise I'm doing OK with nothing after supper but drinks. Lately I have been very prone to falling asleep around 9-10pm on our overly-comfortable couch, with a warm drink in my belly, blanket on, fireplace on, and I've biked or walked 11-15km that day......I'm just gone. LOL It's the only time my wife and I get to really hang out together and I go and fall asleep. Hahaha

QOTD: I'm not really sure, but I'd have to say a gift I gave to my wife for Christmas in '06. Our first daughter was just born, and she was 11-6oz. After 10+ hours of trying for natural childbirth, they went for a C-section (thank God, I'm told). It was particularly hard on her, so I wanted to get her something nice. Here's a funny story with this gift. I was a fuel truck driver at the time, often covered in diesel and grease at the end of a 16 hour shift. This day I had fueled trains all day, and also fueled up fishing boats, so I had THAT smell on top of me too. I stopped in to this salon/spa before it closed, as it was a few blocks from the fishery. There I was, head to to PPE, reeked of all sorts of interesting things, dirty, exhausted. I asked the girl at the front desk for $200 worth of gift cards for a massage/pampering day for my wife. A well-to-do old lady was sitting there with her husband in the foyer. She looked at me, looked at the rattle-trap of a truck making all the noise in the parking lot (I left it running), smelled my distinct aroma and said "Young man, they only serve a certain 'type' of clientele here" and turned up her nose. Her husband buried his face in the paper and just told her to leave me alone. The girl behind the counter turned red in horror. I looked back at her as the girl prepared my gift card, and said "Don't worry ma'am, I'm sure for you, they'll be willing to make an exception".

Honestly, I'm not a nasty person by nature. I was just coming off the 6th consecutive 16 hour shift, it was a particularly hard one and I was dead exhausted. Dragging a 300 lb fuel hose around will do that to you. I stunk. I was hungry. I hadn't had a coffee break in about 8 hours. I had a newborn baby at home, so sleep was ridiculous to begin with (my wife couldn't get up from the C-section surgery). The old man was laughing into his newspaper as the old lady just looked like I lobbed a grenade at her. The girl at the desk had to go to the back to stifle her laughter, and the girls at the back could be heard snickering. It just fell out of my mouth before I knew what I was saying. I apologized as I walked out. The old man had a little smirk but disguised it as a cough.

In the parking lot, the manager met me and thanked me for dropping that lady down a peg or two, because she was a miserable person all the time she was in there, and gave me a hug.

In the truck, there was an extra $50 on that gift card.

Kakesie
on 11/9/17 7:29 am
RNY on 02/19/16

I LOVE that story, CarlRay!!!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/9/17 8:37 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good one!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

pammieanne
on 11/9/17 12:57 pm - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

That's a great story!!!

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

Writergurl08
on 11/9/17 8:41 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning! EGD checked off my list! Everything went smoothly this morning until the full panel lab draw. 3 techs, 7 needle pokes, and 2 blown veins later, the vampires got all they needed and I'm going to look like I've been brawling tomorrow. My left hand is super tender, since they had the IV in my wrist and 2 of the pokes and one blown vein are on the back of that hand. I'm generally difficult but this was a circus.

QotD: my dad is notoriously hard to shop for but one year I made him a scrapbook of my brother and my baby/childhood photos. My parents divorced when we were very young and he didn't have many baby photos of us. He cried, which means I won Christmas that year! ;)

breakfast/brunch: having a steak omelette at IHOP since I was ravenous after my hospital ordeal.

Dinner: maybe chicken or whatever I pull from the freezer, and broccoli.

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

cc583
on 11/9/17 8:49 am - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

Glad that's off your checklist. The last time I went for blood work they had to take 14 vials of blood and my veins decided to stop giving a few times. They always have a hard time getting a good vein. I ended up getting 6 needle pokes. I was black & blue all over my arms!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 400 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics