Bloody Mary Deviled Eggs Recipe, Bariatric-FriendlyApril 3, 2020
Deviled eggs can be boring, but with these Bloody Mary Deviled Eggs Recipe, boring will be a thing of the past. Eggs are a good source of protein and have selenium, vitamin D, B6, B12, and minerals such as zinc, iron, and copper. When you make this recipe, you'll take your deviled eggs to a new level with the spicy flavors!
Bloody Mary Deviled Eggs Recipe
Recipe by: Angela Milnes of Days In Bed
Makes 8 servings
- 8 eggs
- 2-3 teaspoons bloody mary seasoning spice mix
- 1/2 avocado
- salt to taste
- 1 fresh jalapeno, sliced
- pinch of cumin
- While your eggs are cooking on the stove, fill a large bowl with ice and water and have it sitting getting nice and cold.
- When your eggs are done after around 12 minutes in the boiling water, remove the eggs and place them in the cold water bath you made in the bowl. Allow them to sit for a few minutes. (This will help them to peel easily and with ease!)
- Once peeled, start cutting the eggs in half and placing the cooked yolk in a separate bowl. Once all 8 eggs are separated, set the halved whites aside for later.
- Grab your bowl with the cooked egg yolks and add in half of your ripened avocado. Take a fork and mash until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Start adding in your bloody mary seasoning mix. We added about 2 1/2 teaspoons, but taste it after each teaspoon to check for your preference. (It can have a bit of spice to it, so this is why taste testing is a good idea!)
- If after taste testing, add a bit of salt and stir.
- Once your mixture is done, spoon it into your hollowed out eggs whites and top with a fresh jalapeno pepper or a sprinkle of cumin.
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 87; Carbohydrates 1 gram; Fat 6 grams; Protein 6 grams
ABOUT THE AUTHORAngela Milnes is a bariatric patient and has taught cooking classes as a qualified teacher. She shares both bariatric recipes and low-carb recipes over on the Days In Bed website. Angela is passionate about raising awareness for chronic health conditions and enjoys sharing tips and ideas for making the most of life when your health is not perfect.
See more recipes by Angela!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|