Chicken Curry with Spinach & Tomatoes, Anti-Inflammatory & Diabetic-FriendlyNovember 7, 2019
With less than ten ingredients and quick to prepare, you can add this Chicken Curry with Spinach & Tomatoes Recipe to your dishes that are diabetic-friendly and high-protein.
Did you know you can reduce your risk of diabetes by 10% just cooking at home?
This simple Chicken Curry with Spinach & Tomatoes Recipe includes powerhouse foods for living with diabetes. Did you know that spinach is loaded with healthy nutrients by the rich color green; boasting powerful antioxidant protection? Add it to any dish you can – even smoothies! If a recipe calls for 1 cup of spinach, add more. The more veggies you can include the better. I also prefer fresh baby spinach as the leaves are more tender.
Chicken Curry with Spinach & Tomatoes Recipe
Recipe by: Holly Clegg
Makes 8 servings
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons ground curry
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (14-ounce) can lite coconut milk
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes drained
- 3 cups packed baby spinach
- Season the chicken with curry, and salt and pepper.
- In a large nonstick pan coated with nonstick cooking spray, brown the chicken breasts on both sides, approximately 5-7 minutes. Add onion and garlic, and continue sautéing 5 minutes, stirring.
- Add the coconut milk and tomatoes, bring to boil, reduce heat and cook about 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is tender. Add spinach, and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes.
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 178; Carbohydrates 6 grams; Fat 6 grams; Protein 25 grams
ABOUT THE AUTHORWith over 1 million cookbooks sold, Holly Clegg is a culinary expert on easy, healthy and practical recipes. She has a new book "Guy’s Guide to Eating Well: A Man’s Cookbook for Health and Wellness" and has appeared on Fox & Friends, NBC Weekend Today, QVC, The 700 Club, USA Today, Cooking Light Magazine, Web MD, and Huff Post. She has also consulted for Walmart, Teflon, The Coca-Cola Company, and hospitals throughout the U.S.
See more recipes by Holly!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|