Cilantro Lime Chicken Kabobs – Grill or Bake!May 14, 2021
Cilantro Lime Chicken Kabobs can be made on the grill or in the oven and are packed with flavor from a delicious homemade marinade with fresh cilantro, lime juice, garlic, cumin, and paprika.
When it comes to outdoor dining, kabobs really are one of the best options. Not only can they be prepped ahead of time, they feel a little fancier than simple grilled chicken and don't take that much extra work.
Just marinate your chicken, add some veggies, and you are ready for a delicious meal. Now when it comes to these kabobs, they are kind of reminiscent of chicken fajitas but packed with more lime and cilantro. To keep the flavors mild for everyone, I didn't add any chili pepper, but you could add a jalapeno or some chili powder to the marinade as well.
Cilantro Lime Chicken Kabobs Recipe
Recipe by: Kristen McCaffrey of Slender Kitchen
Prep Time: 35 minutes; Cook Time: 15 minutes; Total Time: 50 minutes.
- 1.33 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 2 limes, juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 onion, chipped
- Add the cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, cumin, paprika, and pepper to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Add to chicken and marinate in a container or a ziploc bag for at least 30 minutes. If you can, marinate the night before for maximum flavor.
- When ready to cook, remove the chicken from marinade, letting excess drip off. Thread onto skewers with the bell pepper and onion. If using wooden skewers, make sure to soak in water beforehand.
- To grill: Cook for a total of 7-10 minutes at medium-high heat, flipping halfway through. Cooking time may vary based on the size and thickness of the chicken.
- To cook in the oven: Turn the oven on to broil. Broil 10-12 minutes, flipping 1-2 times during cooking to prevent burning.
Calories 265; Carbohydrates 11 grams; Fat 9 grams; Protein 33 grams
Check out the recipes from Kristen of Slender Kitchen on ObesityHelp!
ABOUT THE AUTHORKristen McCaffrey makes a variety of healthy and delicious recipes that she shares on her website, SlenderKitchen.com. Before diving into the world of healthy cooking, she struggled to lose weight, eat well, and find a healthy balance in her life. She has always been in love with food and enjoys healthy recipe development. Kristen is passionate about cooking and creating delicious recipes that encourage other people to eat healthy. See more recipes from Kristen!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|