Delicious Hamburger CupsJuly 13, 2023
Lean ground beef hamburger cups for great texture and flavor for your protein!
If you’ve made mini meatloaf before, this is incredibly similar. The main difference is the flavor profile of mustard and ketchup to really bring up the summer barbecue flavors!
The texture on these is moist and soft making it a friendly meal for post-op patients. Lean and dense protein is so great for hunger control! However, as you likely know, that doesn’t always make it easy going down. Phew!
The key with these hamburger cup (and really as always) take small bites, go slowly and stop at your first sign of fullness.
Recipe by: Steph Wagner (Bariatric Food Coach)
Servings: 12 cups
Prep Time: 10 mins; Cook Time: 20 mins; Total Time: 30 mins
- 1 lb lean ground beef 90% lean or greater
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup 2% cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese reduced fat
- 1/4 cup ketchup lowest sugar available
- 3 tbsp mustard
- 12 slices pickles
- Heat oven to 425F. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray or olive oil. (Note: I use a silicone muffin pan and it works very well!)
- Excluding pickle slices, add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Combine all ingredients well much like a meatloaf.
- Using a cookie scoop or two spoons, divide evenly into 12 wells of muffin pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160F. Remove from oven, allow to cool slightly and top each loaf with a pickle.
Nutrition information is for one cup. This is not a recommendation on how much to eat rather information for food journaling. Take small bites, eat slowly and stop at fullness eating as much as your pouch needs to feel satisfied.
Calories 112; Carbohydrates 6 grams; Fat 4 grams; Protein 13 grams
Check out more from Steph of Bariatric Food Coach on ObesityHelp!
Editor's Note: Join Steph at our 2023 ObesityHelp National Conference in Costa Mesa, CA on September 15th and 16th! Her session, Mastering Meal Planning: Discovering Your Simplified Style, will provide valuable insights into the art of crafting customized menus and meal plans!
ABOUT THE AUTHORSteph Wagner MS, RDN has worked as a dietitian and food coach to bariatric patients since 2009. She is the co-founder Bariatricfoodcoach.com with her husband Kevin, a web developer. Together they've built an extensive, user-friendly website and community for post-op patients. Steph also has a published cookbook “Best Fork Forward: Everyday Dinners After Weight-Loss Surgery.” Read more articles by Steph!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.