Layered Egg White Breakfast Recipe: Carbs from Veggies!November 12, 2021
Try this layered egg white breakfast recipe and get your carbs from veggies! Using egg whites like a tortilla, this layered egg white breakfast can be filled with anything! I used low-calorie cheese, bell peppers, mushrooms, and avocados!
I eat egg whites almost daily. It’s the perfect low-calorie, high-protein food. Plus, there are so many different ways I’ve found to prepare them, including this layered egg white and veggie idea!
This idea came to me when I wanted to make a low-carb, gluten-free version of the TikTok Tortilla hack. I wanted to make the same type of meal, but with egg whites only.
This delicious layered egg white, inspired by the TikTok Tortilla hack, is the best breakfast when you are looking for something high in protein, and low in carbs. It's a delicious way for you to start the day with the energy you need!
Layered Egg White Breakfast
Recipe by: Amy Roskelley
Makes 1 Serving
Prep: 5 minutes, Cook: 5 minutes; Total: 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup liquid egg whites
- 1 slice of thin-sliced 45 calorie cheese
- 50 grams bell peppers
- 20 grams mushrooms
- 30 grams avocado
- Chop peppers and mushrooms. Cook them in a skillet with cooking spray until they begin to get soft (about 4-5 minutes). Remove from pan
- Pour egg whites into a well-greased skillet. Let the egg whites fill the skillet and cook throughout the bottom. Flip to cook on the reverse side.
- Add cheese to one-quarter of the egg whites, to your veggies to one quarter, and the avocado to one quarter.
- Cut the egg whites from one edge to the center. Fold each quarter over onto itself.
- Slide out of the pan and eat!
Calories 226; Carbohydrates 15 grams; Fat 12 grams; Protein 18 grams
ABOUT THE AUTHORAmy Roskelley is a health & fitness professional with a Bachelors of Science in Community Health from BYU. She is a Certified Personal Trainer (ACE), Certified Personal Chef (IAP), and Certified as a Nutrition & Wellness Consultant (AFPA). She is the founder of the health and fitness blog, Health Beet and the creator of many low calorie recipes author of weight loss books. Read more articles by Amy!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|