Premier Protein® Red Velvet Mug Cake for TwoFebruary 12, 2019
This post is sponsored by Premier Nutrition Corporation.
If you love Red Velvet cake, you’re not alone! Unfortunately, the decadent layers of chocolate cake and cream cheese frosting can take over an hour to make and is not a very bariatric friendly option. We have solved that problem with a quick and easy mug cake that is high in protein, low in sugar, and still tastes great!
This Premier Protein® Red Velvet Mug Cake for Two is a more nutritionally friendly version and only takes 3 minutes to make. By utilizing the Chocolate PREMIER PROTEIN® 100% Whey Protein Powder as a main ingredient, you’ll get a rich chocolate flavor with a fraction of the calories.
Making single-serving mug cakes versus an entire layered cake is a fantastic way to help with portion-control by avoiding the temptations of leftovers. With Valentine’s Day coming up, this is a great recipe to share with that special someone!
Premier Protein® Red Velvet Mug Cake for Two
Makes 2 Servings
Total Time: 2 minutes to prepare, 1 minute to cook, total time 3 minutes
Ingredients for the Red Velvet Mug Cake
- 1 scoop of Chocolate PREMIER PROTEIN® 100% Whey Protein Powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons of stevia
- 1 tablespoon of unsweetened applesauce
- dash of salt
- 1 egg
- 1.5 oz of PREMIER PROTEIN® Ready to Drink Vanilla Shake
- 20 drops of red food coloring
Directions for the Red Velvet Mug Cake
- Mix the Chocolate PREMIER PROTEIN® 100% Whey Protein Powder, baking powder, unsweetened cocoa, stevia, and a dash of salt into a bowl.
- Add in the unsweetened applesauce, egg, PREMIER PROTEIN® Ready to Drink Vanilla Shake and mix until well incorporated. The consistency should be like a thick cake batter.
- Once that is done, add in the red food coloring and mix to incorporate the color.
- Pour into greased small mugs and put into the microwave for 60 seconds.
Optional Topping Additions: If desired, top with a sugar-free whipped topping or make a cream cheese frosting. For a cream cheese frosting, mix softened cream cheese, stevia sugar substitute (to taste), and thin it out with some of the remaining PREMIER PROTEIN® Ready to Drink Vanilla Shake until it meets your preferred consistency. You can also dress it up with a light dusting of cocoa powder, shaved no sugar added chocolate, or crushed nuts!
Nutritional Info Per Serving (Cake Only)
Calories 159; Carbohydrates 9 grams; Fat 5 grams; Protein 21 grams; Sugar 3 grams
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|