Red, White & Blueberry Stuffed Strawberries for July 4thJuly 2, 2021
Celebrate Independence Day and all your outdoor fun with these delicious Red, White & Blueberry Stuffed Strawberries! Not only do they have patriotic colors, but these tasty stuffed strawberries are good. They'll help keep you cool in the hot July heat! Perfect for the whole family and all of your friends to help keep them with their healthy eating too.
For this Fourth of July, whip up something fresh, fruity, and fun: our Red, White & Blueberry Stuffed Strawberries! Easy to make, super adorable, totally impressive, and SO delicious.
Watch this video to see how it's done, and check out the recipe below. We hope that all of you, including your family and friends, have a wonderful 4th of July!
Recipe by: Lisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl)
Makes 5 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 10 large strawberries
- 1/4 cup light/low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 natural no-calorie sweetener packet (like Truvia)
- 1/8 tsp. vanilla extract
- 30 small blueberries (about 1/3 cup)
- Slice the stem ends off the strawberries, about 1/2 inch below the stem, revealing an opening in each berry. Use a narrow spoon to remove about half of the flesh inside each berry, allowing room for filling.
- Cut a thin slice off the bottom of each strawberry, so the berries sit flat.
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese, sweetener, and vanilla extract. Mix until uniform.
- Spoon ricotta mixture into a bottom corner of a plastic bag; snip off the tip of that corner to create a small hole, and squeeze the mixture into the strawberries.
- Press 3 blueberries into the filling of each strawberry.
If you prefer to use sugar instead of no-calorie sweetener, you’ll need twice as much (2 packets or 2 tsp.). Made with sugar, each serving will have 33 calories, 6g carbs, and 4.5g sugars
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 29; Carbohydrates 5 grams; Fat .5 gram; Protein 1.5 grams
See more recipes on ObesityHelp by Lisa!
ABOUT THE AUTHORLisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl) is the creator of the Hungry Girl brand. She is the founder of www.Hungry-Girl.com, the free daily email service that entertains and informs hungry people everywhere. More than 1,000,000 fans eagerly wait for Hungry Girl’s recipes, food finds, and tips & tricks each weekday.
Read more articles by Lisa!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|