Slow Cooker Tomato Balsamic Chicken RecipeFebruary 28, 2020
Slow cooker recipes are convenient and a time-saver. The chicken in this Slow Cooker Tomato Balsamic Chicken Recipe will be moist and tender.
There is something special about the sweet and tangy flavor from the balsamic vinegar paired with the tomatoes, sweet onion, spinach, and chicken breast. It also makes a great base for a soup with some added chicken or vegetable broth.
You can add in some extra veggies during the last hour of cooking to up the nutritional content such as fresh mushrooms, kale, or other hearty greens to round out the recipe.
Slow Cooker Tomato Balsamic Chicken Recipe
Recipe by: Kristen McCaffrey of Slender Kitchen
- 2 lbs. boneless and skinless chicken breast
- 28 oz. canned diced tomatoes, half of liquid drained
- 1 sweet onion, sliced thin
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar (plus more for serving)
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 6 cups fresh spinach
- Salt and pepper
- Add the chicken to your slow cooker. Season it with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients except for the spinach.
- Cook on low for 4 hours adding the spinach during the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- The chicken breasts can quickly overcook if you cook them for longer than the suggested 4 hours. If you want to cook this recipe for a longer period of time, it is recommended that you use boneless skinless chicken thighs to make sure they don’t dry out.
- You can add in fresh mushrooms, spinach, or kale approximately one hour prior to the end of your cooking time.
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 227; Carbohydrates 12 grams; Fat 2 grams; Protein 35 grams
ABOUT THE AUTHORKristen McCaffrey makes a variety of healthy and delicious recipes that she shares on her website, SlenderKitchen.com. Before diving into the world of healthy cooking, she struggled to lose weight, eat well, and find a healthy balance in her life. She has always been in love with food and enjoys healthy recipe development. Kristen is passionate about cooking and creating delicious recipes that encourage other people to eat healthy.
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|