Test Your Vitamin IQ!March 1, 2013
Test Your Vitamin IQ!
How much do you really know about the vitamins you take? Take the quiz!
1. True or False. Vitamin D does not help to lower your blood pressure.
2. True or False. Studies show that vitamin C can help to boost your IQ.
3. True or False. Weight loss surgery patients are required to take vitamins and supplements for the rest of their life in order to prevent from becoming malnourished.
4. True or False. Vitamin K can interfere with blood-thinning medications.
5. True or False. Vitamin B helps aid in healthy digestion.
6. True or False. Too much Iron can increase the risk of heart disease in older people.
7. True or False. Vitamin D helps in the absorption of vitamin A.
8. True or False. Not having essential fatty acids in your diet can help to cause weight gain.
*IQ answers below!
Vitamin IQ Answers
1. False. Vitamin does help to lower your blood pressure.
2. True. Studies have shown that vitamin C improves your IQ as well as your memory.
3. True. If you have had weight loss surgery, it is very important that you take vitamins daily to prevent becoming malnourished.
4. True. Vitamin K is necessary for many clotting factors. Too much vitamin K can block the blood-thinning properties.
5. False. Vitamin B does not help with digestive issues but it does support your metabolism and assists in relieving stress and depression.
6. True. Research has shown that high amounts of Iron in people who are older can indeed increase the risk of heart disease.
7. False. Vitamin E aids in the absorption of vitamin A.
8. True. Not incorporating essential fatty acids in your diet may make you gain weight.