Recent Posts

Laurie S.
on 8/20/07 1:13 am - Tomball, TX
Topic: RE: Novermber surgery anyone?
I'm set for November 12. I'm getting so excited! It seems so far off, but I suppose it's really not! I don't know about all of you, but the decision to have this surgery took a lot for me, but now that I have my mind made up, I WANT IT NOW! haha Feel free to add me as a friend! Its great to know some people who are having their surgery around the same time!
(deactivated member)
on 8/19/07 1:46 pm - Central, AZ
Topic: RE: Novermber surgery anyone?
I hope to have surgery in November but no firm date is set yet. The doctor I have chosen does not do the VSG yet but I'll wait until he is offering this procedure because I like him.
sunsheyen
on 8/19/07 12:49 pm
Topic: Ooops on my date!
Lol i was just reading the replies, and realized that i had posted my date wrong. It's actually Nov 5, not the 17th. So excited about everything else that i wasnt even paying attention to the long awaited actual day.
John W.
on 8/18/07 12:17 pm - Near Topeka, KS
Topic: RE: Hello!
Mitzy, It is very normal to think that something is going to come up and keep you from having this procedure. A majority of the time the whole thing comes off without any changes in the plan. Eat as correctly now as possible and be as healthy as you can going into the surgery. If you are able, go ahead and work at dropping a few pounds before the surgery and you will be that much closer. All pre-opers have had those same thoughts. John P.S. I had dropped several sizes before surgery and even two weeks before I would not let my wife get rid of the old clothes as she had suggested. Even though I knew the surgery was coming, I wanted them just in case as an insurance policy.
KellyMASS
on 8/16/07 10:57 am - MA
Topic: RE: Hello!
congrats on your November date!
KellyMASS
on 8/16/07 10:56 am - MA
Topic: RE: My Date is November 12
congrats on getting your date .. sorry things didn't work out for August
KellyMASS
on 8/16/07 10:54 am - MA
Topic: RE: nov 17 is my day!
congrats on getting your date!!!
LauraJean314
on 8/16/07 2:33 am - Hampton, VA
I also have a date in Nov, the 7th!!!! It's very exciting to know that I will be given this amazing tool to help me change my life!!! Good luck and if you wanna chat let me know!! Laura
Mitzy N.
on 8/15/07 9:14 am - Petersburg, VA
Good luck Laurie. I have posted so much the last couple of days that I don't want to bore you by repeating myself but feel free to write. Mitzy :beer:
Mitzy N.
on 8/15/07 9:11 am - Petersburg, VA
Topic: RE: nov 17 is my day!
Hi Janeen, I am Mitzy, also in Va. I am scheduled for Nov. 15 at St. Mary's in Richmond. What part of Va. are you from? I would love to find someone close to me to team up with. I have tried the Isopure fruit flavored drinks from GNC. They seem to have a really good taste as your drinking it but do tend to leave your mouth a little dry. They are about $3 or $4 a piece. The only good thing is that they have over 40 grams of protein in each. SO, I guess you would just need to drink it a little at a time over the course of a day along with pieces of deli meat, peanut butter, ect. when you get to that point and you should have your daily requirement. I don't like eggs so I am especially worried about getting my protein in. Alot of the protein mixes I have seen have to be mixed with milk and to my understanding alot of people become lactose intollerant after surgery. I would really like to know about this from others who are post-op and what they suggest.
Most Active
Recent Topics