Recent Posts

Mitzy N.
on 8/15/07 8:59 am - Petersburg, VA
Topic: RE: Hello!
I feel the same way. I seems like I have been working toward this forever. I am very excited, but I must admit, in some ways I can't let myself get too excited because I feel like if I do, something will happen to delay it. I am not sure if that is a normal reaction or if I just have to keep a little cloud over my head. BUT for the most part I am counting down. Christmas has come early.
Laurie S.
on 8/15/07 8:46 am - Tomball, TX
Topic: My Date is November 12
Hello everyone! Nice to see a lil forum coming together for everyone having their surgery in November. I'm November 12... It should have been today (Aug 15, sigh) but my work wasn't cooperating with me. Oh well, I have 3 months to fully prep myself for the changes to come! Looking forward to making some new friends! Laurie
sunsheyen
on 8/15/07 6:22 am
Topic: nov 17 is my day!
Hey guys, im janeen in VA...just saying hello to all my fellow november surgery buddies! What are you doing to prepare? I have started taking 900mcg biotin every day to build it up and work against the hair loss, i will be upping it later. I am also testing some of the diff protein shakes and bars etc to get an idea of what i like, although from what i hear tastes will likely change after surgery. So far I like Muscle milk premixed drinks (mocha joe and rootbeer float) and the Oh Yeah! bars (the peanut butter tastes like a lil debbie nutty bar). I am really particular about the funny protein aftertaste so i like to taste test many kinds. plus i cant stand those gooey bars that are like all nougat and no crunch...im not a sweets person as it is, so they have to be good for me to like them lol! Any suggestions from yall? I have been going to the Vitamin Shoppe because they have a cooler with individual drinks so you dont have to waste money on a whole pack to try them. i also want to work on some extra exercise (who am i kidding, extra?)..just exercise so it wont hit me like such a ton of bricks post op! talk to me!
John W.
on 8/14/07 12:51 pm - Near Topeka, KS
Topic: RE: Hello!
Kyra, I know how you feel about the time. I started researching the process in November of last year. I did all of my tests and was approved by February 14th. Because I teach school, I decided to wait until the end of May so school could be let out. It seemed like a long wait, but in reality it just flew by. I encourage you as well as anyone else to try to drop some of the weight before the surgery. It will be harder to lose before the surgery, but my doctor told me today that statistics are showing that (voluntary - not insurance mandated) early weight loss is a sign of future success. Your turn will be here before you know it. Just use that extra time to research and maybe even start out an excercise program that is reasonable. I've grown to enjoy my exercise. It was so hard at first and now that I'm much lighter, it seems so much easier. You will hear me say this several times over the next several months - give the fitday.com program a try. They have the free web-based program, but I purchased mine for $20 and it is just so helpful and much more superior compared to the free one. John
kyralyn4
on 8/14/07 12:32 pm - Canada
Topic: Hello!
I'm just dropping a line to say hi to other "Novemberites" I can hardly wait for November to come and it feels like time is flying by and slowly dragging itself along at the same time! Good luck everyone and can't wait to be on the losers bench with all of you.
Mitzy N.
on 8/13/07 7:21 am - Petersburg, VA
Topic: RE: Novermber surgery anyone?
After 6 months of jumping through all the hoops that the insurance company required...I am scheduled to have surgery November 15. Feel free to email me...I just joined today and would love to talk to someone who is going through everything I am while I am doing it.
John W.
on 8/12/07 4:59 am - Near Topeka, KS
Topic: This board is sure going to get busy...
Hi all you Novemberites, It won't be long and many people will be posting this and that like mad on this board. You'll discuss things that range from how nervous you are to what your dreams are for after your surgery. It is an exciting time, so sit back and enjoy the ride. With your permission, I've decided to informally adopt the "November 2007 Surgery Date" board and keep checking in with you folks. At the end of November I will be 6 months post op and remember how helpful the veterans were in guiding me along my journey. Now it is time to repay for all of the useful information I've accumulated from others who have gone before me. If you have any questions, I'd be more than happy to answer to the best of my ability. I'll also post any ideas I have to better help you prepare. I was an active part of the "May 2007 Surgery Date" board and we even had regular chats set up each week during the last few weeks of April and the whole month of May. What you do will depend on your own interests. Let the fun begin. John
KellyMASS
on 8/7/07 4:43 am - MA
you can add me to your friends list if you'd like
LauraJean314
on 8/7/07 4:27 am - Hampton, VA
I am currently scheduled for Nov 7th!!! It's hard dealing with the anticipation!!! I am new to the site and I am looking for people to talk to.
KellyMASS
on 8/2/07 10:33 pm - MA
It looks like I could be a November too .. as of right now that is ... depending how quick ins. gets back to the surgeons office,,,,.. right now I am finishing up my 6 month diet .. September is my last NUT appointment then they'll re-submit it all to ins. and hopefilly I hear good news for a November date. Congrats to you !!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics