Recent Posts

Elizabeth36
on 2/21/09 7:21 pm - MA
Topic: problems with low iron levels
Hi, I am having problems with low iron levels. I can't seem to get my iron level higher even with eating high protein foods. I am now on slow releasing iron pills and hoping this will work. Anyone else having this problem?
isuez
on 1/24/09 11:21 pm - IL
Topic: RE: Tummy Tuck or Panni anyone?
Judy-
Thanks for answering.  I too, have been checking out the PS pages and any site dedicated to WLS - PS.  I just found out that my insurance WILL COVER the panni and fix my hernia- I have to cover the TT.  But that's OK- I figured I was going to have to fight for coverage.  I am scheduled for surgery April 2nd, 2009.  (I have some work and vacation obligations I have to attend to)
I know of only 1 person who had a TT that I talked to. (she is in my WLS support group) I am ALWAYS looking for information on what to expect...LOL  sounds like you as well.

Thanks for the post...keep me updated on your journey-

Sue 
JUDY C.
on 1/24/09 7:08 am - Bear, DE
Topic: RE: Tummy Tuck or Panni anyone?
YES!  I'd love to have a LBL, arm lift and breast lift.  I've been lurking around the plastic surgery forum.  I've gotten some good information there.  I plan on going to a PS seminar in March.  Can't wait to get rid of all this skin.
I do know a panni will only remove the skin from your belly button down, no muscle tightening and a TT will pull down your skin, relocate your belly button and tighten your stomach muscles.  Since I have so much skin (the sharpei look) around my waist a LBL is the way to go for me.  I actually would like to combine that with an anchor cut to tighten up everything.

Good luck on your quest!
Judy

~Believe in Yourself~

isuez
on 1/21/09 12:22 pm - IL
Topic: Tummy Tuck or Panni anyone?
  Hi... Has anyone had a TT or Pani?  Are you going to???  Does anyone have any knowledge they'd like to share on this topic??  Please share.
Thanks, Sue
mstx4u
on 1/13/09 2:07 am - Bertram, TX
Topic: RE: well, here we go...
I rarely post but I wanted to be included in on the "losers".  This road has been a strange one.  From losing friends due to jealousy to gaining love for myself but a journey well worth traveling.  I was 250'ish i guess at my heaviest.  I refused to get on a scale and wore a size 24.  Now I actually buy size 6 but have to return them for a 4.  i was a size 12 in elementary school so a 4 just isnt a size to me.  maybe 1 day my mind will catch up with the number in my pants. 
JUDY C.
on 1/4/09 3:45 am - Bear, DE
Topic: RE: stress
Hi Elizabeth,
I totally understand where you are coming from.  I was never so glad to throw away all the holiday goodies the kids didn't eat.  From reading the forums, I think there are a lot of us who had a hard time with the holidays.  I am a sweets eater so this was very hard for me.  I find when I start eating the carbs, I start carving more.  Carbs will also make me tired, its like a type of dumping and can knock me out for hours.
I haven't really lost any weight since the end of October.  Just a pound here and there.  I would still like to loose 12 more pounds.
One thing I did do during the holiday was to weigh myself daily.  There was no way I was going to gain.  It was ok if I didn't loose but I worked too hard to gain any of this weight back.
I don't know if you track your food intake but I find it helps out bunches.  I use http://www.thedailyplate.com/  the first time I used it I was really surprised that I didn't get all the protein in that I thought I had.
As for freezing, same here 24/7.  I should live in Florida!

Happy New Year!

Judy

~Believe in Yourself~

Elizabeth36
on 1/3/09 5:50 am - MA
Topic: RE: get losing again
great information, I have to get back on the wagon....thanks Pam
Elizabeth36
on 1/3/09 5:45 am - MA
Topic: stress
I had a hard time sticking to my diet during these holidays. I can eat much more and have been falling back to my bad habits like sitting in front of tv eatting. I am also very tired and always freezing.  I started to eat my good foods like tuna and chicken and need to stay away from breads. I need to learn how to deal with stress because the holidays to me equals stress. 5'1" started 263
now @ 138/140 haven't lost any weigh in 3 months...

Thank god, the holidays are over....Happy New Year.
Shirley D.
on 12/26/08 9:28 am - Plaistow, NH
Topic: RE: Happy Holidays

Happy/Merry/Season's

Holidays/Christmas/Greetings

How's THAT for PC?  :o)

Keep on working your tool.  It's not really a diet, you know.  It's a lifestyle.  A diet is something you can quit.  This really isn't, if you want to have a healthy "restofyourlife". Don't give up. 

Shirley
"How I respond to challenges says more about me than doing something easy ever will."
Start 251/Surgery 236.5/Current 141/Goal 130
amandasready25
on 12/23/08 1:32 am - shreveport, LA
Topic: RE: Ulcers
I am also on the carafate four times a day and nexium. If that isnt helping then call your doctor and ask if u might have a stricture. it is easy to fix. they just do a scope and stretch the hole. good luck to you and maybe u should google stricture. sounds like that could be it. but im not a doc so what do i know. lol.good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics