Recent Posts

LyndseyLouWho
on 1/4/10 3:29 am - Nyack, NY
Topic: RE: Good Luck to Everyone on the 28th
 Oh the only ones I got were applesauce, peaches and bananas =D lol

indycindy
on 1/4/10 1:28 am
Topic: I don't think I get dumping (how do you know?)
Hi everyone!  I had my surgery on 12/16/09, but I was at home until now and my internet connection was messed up, so I couldn't post until now that I am back at work.

Thanks for all of the well wishes before my surgery - I was SOOOOOO scared.

I ate a few bites of cake with icing on Christmas (stupid, I know) and nothing happened - the next day, I tried just the icing, bc I wanted to see if anything would happen - nothing did - I haven't had any sweets since then, but I don't think I get the dumping - not sure whether to be happy about that or not, but I was wondering for those of you who DO get dumping, how much sugar does it take?  And would I know FOR SURE that I was dumping - I mean I didn't FEEL good after I had the cake, but I didn't feel sick in any way - just sort of blah, if that makes any sense.  

I kind of hope that I DO have the dumping bc that's why I chose this surgery over lapband - I have a serious issue with ice cream! 
SherryA
on 1/3/10 9:57 pm
I opened a jar a few days ago...the smell made me gag and the taste of baby food was disgusting...ughhhh  It smells like cat food!  Can't do it.  Try some yoplait light yogurt.  I love it.
SherryA
on 1/3/10 9:55 pm

I have been having sf pudding, yogurt, cottage cheese, chicken, and this morning a small amount of egg beaters.  I am doing the shakes and it is not going well.  I had diarreha all day yesterday because of one of them...or at least I think it was that.  I haven't had any milk...not sure why.  Maybe I will try some today.  Still concerned about dehydration.  I am going to keep pushing fluids.  Have a wonderful day!

LyndseyLouWho
on 1/3/10 11:10 am - Nyack, NY
 What procedure did you have? My instructions were only to drink 64 oz of water and protein shakes for 2 weeks, but I don't think I can do another week of just shakes. Does the oatmeal go down well? How much do you eat at one time? I may have to start substituting stuff now.

LyndseyLouWho
on 1/3/10 11:08 am - Nyack, NY
 HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE the shakes. Today I had baby food for one of my meals because just the thought of 3 more ounces of the shake made me sick. I don't know what I'm going to do for the next week before they move me to soft foods!

robertsonranch
on 1/3/10 8:55 am
I am down 11 pounds since Monday.  I was hoping for more but I will take what I can get.  I am drinking crystal light all day and night and eating cheese sticks, sf pudding, applesauce, and a little oatmeal.  I accidentally drank a glass of milk way too fast last night and had no repercussions - thank God!  My burning pain is almost gone and I went shopping today for about an hour.  Because of the binder, it wasn't too bad, without I still have the painful burn.  I have not been able to bring myself to start the protein drinks yet but am thinking about doing it tomorrow since I will be a week out.  It doesn't feel like it has been a week! 

SherryA
on 1/3/10 4:15 am
Topic: RE: Today is my BIG day!
How are you doing?  Hope you are doing well and relaxing!
SherryA
on 1/3/10 4:12 am, edited 1/3/10 4:12 am
I bet you have lost a lot more than you think.  As of this morning I was down 19lbs.  However I think it is a lot of water weight which isn't a good thing. I think I am getting dehydrated, so today I am really pushing the liquids.  I should be up a few lbs in the morning or so I would think.  How are you doing with the protien?  I pretty much hate the shakes/drinks.
LyndseyLouWho
on 1/3/10 2:38 am - Nyack, NY
 I haven't weighed myself or anything, but I don't think I've lost anything yet =(

Most Active
Recent Topics
No longer Obese!
sudemo09 · 1 replies · 906 views
I went dancing...
Tere O. · 1 replies · 917 views
6 Months Out ~ Already!!!
Tere O. · 7 replies · 1118 views
Sharing my day with you guys
Teresa D. · 6 replies · 1042 views