Recent Posts

SherryA
on 1/2/10 12:30 am
Topic: RE: Good Luck to Everyone on the 28th
Robert I am glad to hear you are doing well.  Yesterday was a bad day for me.  I was doing good until I had my second meal.  I ate 1 1/2 of cottage cheese and I felt extremely bloated.  I couldn't drink or eat.  I later tried to take some gas x and that made it worse.  I ended up taking some antinausea meds and waited it out.  About 9p things started getting better and I was able to eat 1 oz of pudding.  I think I will stay away from cottage cheese for another week and not eat over an oz for some time.  Other than that my pain level is minimal.  If I lay wrong it hurts, but otherwise pretty good.  Not taking pain meds.  Today started off much better.  However I am passing some mucus type blood clots when I pee.  Nurse said to keep an eye on it and if it gets worse to let them know.  They think it may just be due to trauma from the catheter.  So lets hope the rest of the day is smooth sailing. 
sarahjcam
on 1/1/10 9:47 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: my husband has surgery on the 29th
hello everyone

my husband had his surgery
everything went great now we are stuck in the hotel here in Rochester not able to go home back to canada until his follow-up visit on the 6th

my daughter is still a mess at ome missing us

not we just need to get the pain under control

robertsonranch
on 1/1/10 9:27 am
I had my surgery on the 28th as well.  I came home on Wednesday and feel good.  I have pain when in an upright standing position on my left side but feel good otherwise.  I have a lot of gas but no DS yet or issues in eating. 

I have stuck to oatmeal, pudding, yogurt and applesauce for the most part.  I tried to eat low fat string cheese yesterday and had no issues but I did have more pain this morning when I woke up (not sure if it made me gassier or what). 

I am down 8 pounds since surgery and hoping to see more go before I report back to work later this month. 

I have been told to start my protein shakes this weekend - has anyone had issues starting this?

Best of luck to everyone! - Laura

Kelly H.
on 12/31/09 6:20 pm - Fraser, MI
Congrats to all of us!  We are all on the loser bench now!  I hope you are recovering well from the surgery (I know I am).  It won't be too long before we are much healthier! 
~Kelly

SherryA
on 12/31/09 4:22 am
I am sorry to hear about your throat.  I hope it gets t feeling better soon.  I had trouble talking the first two days, but no problems at all now.  It is funny how each place does things differently.  I am not to have more than 2oz and must have it within 1/2 hour or don't eat it.  I am not even trying to push more than 1 oz because it makes me feel bloated.  I think a lot of my pain is the gas.  Keep me informed abouthow your doing.  We are on the loser's bench now!  Yeah!
LyndseyLouWho
on 12/31/09 4:14 am - Nyack, NY
 I can get the 3oz down, but I feel nauseous afterward - even though it takes me half an hour to get it down. I've had no real stomach pain, just soreness. My tongue is what hurts! It was traumatized during the intubation process.

SherryA
on 12/31/09 4:03 am

I got home this morning.  I am doing pretty good.  No real problems.  How are you doing?  Are you feeling ok?  I can only eat 1 oz right now.  My stomach is about the size of a grape.  Some pain on the left side, but that is to be suspected.  Hope your doing great.

Sherry

LyndseyLouWho
on 12/30/09 2:49 pm - Nyack, NY
 I got home yesterday afternoon. Hope you're well!!!!!

Duke007
on 12/29/09 7:34 pm
Topic: Today is my BIG day!

I hear that there is a place for me to make a surgery page but I am so lost.  I am about to have pounds lost--LOL!  I am delirious!!

Pray for me everybody I have not moved to the scared to death level. I am afraid that I am going to wake up and the doctor is going to say, "Didn't I say CLEAR LIQUIDS! I couldn't do the surgery because I saw that York Peppermint Patty" floating around in there.  Busted!!!

Can't wait to be happy in my skin!            
mushsbat
on 12/29/09 8:33 am - Franklinton, NC
Topic: RE: How's come I can eat so much?
 I am almost 2 weeks out and I've never had pain or anything like ppl talk about on here.  I get full easily at around 7 ozs of anything.  I moved to mushys on my own.  I get confused I think from reading too much on sites.  However, from what I understand you will start out not wanting to eat much then you'll get hungry for a few weeks.  Then around 6 weeks you get a fill that will help with the hunger.  I hope my fill comes soon b/c I can't eat much during the day but at night I get very hungry.
Most Active
Recent Topics
No longer Obese!
sudemo09 · 1 replies · 906 views
I went dancing...
Tere O. · 1 replies · 917 views
6 Months Out ~ Already!!!
Tere O. · 7 replies · 1118 views
Sharing my day with you guys
Teresa D. · 6 replies · 1042 views