excess skin on the face

glzgowlass
on 2/5/12 1:20 pm - VA
RNY on 09/14/11 with
 people talk about excess skin on the body a lot but i don't see anyone talking about it on the face. I think most of my excess skin will be on the face.  What surgery should I be looking at later on?  Is it a face lift or just excess skin removal.  I'm 46.

Always thought I had my mom's genes -skin wise -as she looks 20 years younger than she is,but also she hasn't lived my life, and never been overweight.  I can roll the skin folds on my cheeks and sometimes I wake up and there are lines on my face where the skin has folded where I slept.

I'm only halfway along in the weight loss journey.  God knows what it's going to look like later.  You can hide parts of your body, but the face is always on full display and it's the first thing people see.

Not sure what to do later on.

Any one else dealt with this?

HW: 218, SW: 204, CW: 139 GW: 112-119

Ladytazz
on 2/5/12 5:16 pm
I would give it time.  I heard there is a redistibution of the fat after a while.  I sure hope so.  My face looks terrible.  No excess skin but very gaunt and drawn looking.  People who haven't seen me for a while don't even recognize me, I look very old.  I am hoping that it gets better.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

jastypes
on 2/6/12 4:57 am - Croydon, PA
Please forgive my nutty sense of humor, but I read your post, then looked at your avatar, and though, "Hey, I think she's adorable!"

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Ladytazz
on 2/6/12 5:58 am
lol  Well, he's a boy but I agree.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

glzgowlass
on 2/6/12 8:33 am - VA
RNY on 09/14/11 with
(deactivated member)
on 2/5/12 8:45 pm
 (((())))  I would so STRONGLY recommend to BOTH U  beautiful ladies  ( and YES  you're  Both gorgeous lol ..look in the mirror already ! ) to go invest 6.99  in an excellent remedy that WILL  make your facial skin regenerate /turn over  far quicker and so snap back ...

Neutrogena acne scrub  -  2%  Salicylic acid .  I use it at least twice a day for my face and also as a shower gel every day and have ZERO loose skin  issues ANYWHERE .  

A few other  drugstore cheapie but VERY effective  serums to  help on TOP of that  are L'Oreal Youth Code , L'oreal  Collagen Remodeler ,  L'oreal  pore minimizer ...  LINE filler  for around the eyes  ( which boosts collagen production and  really  helps long term... and of COURSE  SUNSCREEN  the higher SPF the better .  Neutrogena again  makes excellent , matte  ones .  Very important again to have  both UVA and  UVB protection in Ur sunscreen and to reapply at least twice a day ..  EVERY day  without fail , more often if its bright and sunny .

If you like foundation  .. U can use a light colored mineral  powder on top of the sunscreen ...  and  give Urself an extra layer of effective protection .. 

ROC  products are also very effective if a tiny bit more expensive .  

Of course use  everything on the neck , decollletage and   top of the hand area  too  (  yes , there are a lot of stoopid  wimmen out here  with  line less  faces whose scarred , veiny and spotted  hands give their ages  away )   The decolletage area in paticular is  VERY sensitive to sun and is all that supports the GIRLS  so  its  SUPER  important to protect it .   Noone likes wrinkly boobies! 

((  You CAN do THIS !! ))))    skin is just another organ and we truly CAN change it 's look and behavior  with persistence and  a few effective modestly priced products ... consistently used .. 

glzgowlass
on 2/6/12 8:37 am - VA
RNY on 09/14/11 with
Actually, I've been using that neutrogena for years

HW: 218, SW: 204, CW: 139 GW: 112-119

AnneGG
on 2/5/12 10:29 pm
I also have lots of facial skin, but at my age I can call them wisdom wrinkles.

Plastic surgery will probably have to be the answer, unfortunately. I don't have much faith in facial creams, though I use them.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/5/12 10:41 pm
Face lift, if you need it. Initially my face had its sunken look. The fat was gone.. but eventually some returned to me face.  The lines on your face also indicate dehydration.   And maybe some dry skin.  You need good face cream.
On to p of that I decided to get botox. it helps with the folds.  I also got some fillers one year post op to fill in the worst lines... (deep lines) that also helped.

Eventually I am planning to have face lift, but I need the money and time off work. In a meantime I get botox and good cream. Also - neck and facial exercise.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

michele1
on 2/6/12 2:02 am
Revision on 07/07/15
I had fillers for the area around my mouth (puppet mouth) couldn't do the basset hound look LOL.... I had mine done by a plastic surgeon and he said it will work for me for a while but eventually a face lift would be needed I am 50..... it works for other lines also.

I didn't get much saggy skin other than that......my neck looks good (no turkey neck)...he told me that the two most important things other than good genetics (which he said is everything)....is sunscreen and moisturizer.....he said not to waist money on the expensive ones either...

For the Radiesse it was about $800 and should last a year or more.......... I remember spending up to 125.00 once for Strivectin...... he also told me about a permanent filler called Artefill which costs just a little more but I don't like anything permanent especially for my face...

I will eventually have the lift (against the wishes of my family) maybe for my 60th + birthday because I can cover up other areas but not my face......

I have been obese most of my life.....started out as a fat baby, kid, teen ect ect...... I did lose alot of weight at least 3 times in my life which has wreaked havoc on my skin and body mostly my legs though........

I would stick with sunscreen and moisturizer (I also heard that taking the stuff from a aloe plant and putting it on your face for 15 min. twice a week is a awesome moisturizer and helps with cell rejuvenation) I am trying the aloe this week.....

Michele
Most Active