OVER 70!!

BWB
on 3/7/12 4:09 am
 When I first started investigating WLS I was close to 70 yrs. and noticed that several surgeons were cutting the age to mid 60s but I did find someone from a reputable group that would take me.  
Well, I lost confidence in them and was moving too so I dropped the idea for a couple of years.  Last 
April the 15th, 2011, I started my search over again but this time I was 72 yrs.  I did find a wonderful surgeon at the IU University School of Medicine and did not flinch at my age at all.  

To be brief, I am now 6 months out and feel like a new girl again.  So if you are a senior citizen, active and want a second chance at life,  I .encourage you to start your search for a weight loss solution like I did.  I am now 73 and feel like 50, love fashion, gardening, and art  AND I have the energy to do it.  I still love to cook and entertain, I just don't eat much of it.  

I have noticed people posting with statements of being 50 or 60 and sounding like they are old...I was prompted to post.  Age is just a number.

I also posted this in the over 50 (kids) forum.

MichelleNC
on 3/7/12 4:19 am
 Congrats to you!  I hope you have  fun with your new tool and I look forward to seeing post from you about all the fun NSV's that you have!

Michelle
Did the happy dance onto the Loser's Bench March 18, 2013!

Visit my blog at http://skinnyundermyfat.blogspot.com/

momjan
on 3/7/12 4:22 am - Canada
Congratulations and good for you for re-investigating this awesome surgery!~
You have lots of happy healthy days ahead of you; enjoy them all!!!
Michelle H.
(Rainbomama)

on 3/7/12 5:37 am - LA
VSG on 02/27/12
That is beyond awesome!!
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Michelle from Louisiana

AnneGG
on 3/7/12 6:16 am
I have a friend who just graduated from college at age 83, and then moved out on her own for the first time in her life.

Kudos to her and to you! I'm 61 now and sure hope to be as full of life as I get older!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Most Active