Milk

-Katie
on 8/3/12 1:40 pm, edited 8/3/12 1:46 pm - CA
Hello
I was wondering what you use in your protein drinks. I use 2% and the Sweet Nectar. I like it but need
to lose more weight and think 2% milk is not right to drink with it or is it? Please let me know what you use.

Thank you
stlfocus
on 8/3/12 1:53 pm - IA
I only use skim milk.

MrsP
on 8/3/12 1:57 pm - Bakersfield, CA
I refuse to add the milk calories so I only mix mine with water and my husbands with fat free milk.
Dave Chambers
on 8/3/12 2:00 pm - Mira Loma, CA
Skim milk or water are the only fluids I used to make shakes.  Some protein flavored shakes have more calories than others too. Dave

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Ms Shell
on 8/3/12 2:03 pm - Hawthorne, CA
I use unsweetened almond milk 40 calories per cup and virtually no carbs.

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 8/4/12 1:54 am
On August 3, 2012 at 9:03 PM Pacific Time, Ms Shell wrote:
I use unsweetened almond milk 40 calories per cup and virtually no carbs.
 and it tastes fantastic!!

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

Jackie McGee
on 8/3/12 2:35 pm - PA
I haven't done protein shakes in a long time, but I always used water, skim milk or light soy milk.

Proud mama of Mischa and Gabriel, both born post-op.

(deactivated member)
on 8/3/12 3:44 pm - Wiesbaden, Germany
DS on 10/08/13
Skim milk, water, soy milk, almond milk.

You could probably use rice milk or coconut milk. I like coconu****er but detest the commercial coconut milk products I've tried recently.  Never tried rice milk, don't know now it tastes.

Too many calories in 2% milk, most of which are fat calories, as far as I am concerned.  Also, I've been drinking skim milk for so many years, I don't care for the taste, too heavy.
Feystorm
on 8/3/12 5:23 pm - CA
VSG on 03/14/12
 I only use almond milk - unsweetened original or vanilla - my favorites.  I didn't like soy - and never a fan of skim milk.  Tried making the protein with water and gagged :(

HW:242 Start of Preop Diet:  217  SW:200 CW:116.8 GW: 115;  SOCAL MEETUPS GROUP!:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/socalhallo2012/    

Dani Dutch
on 8/4/12 12:32 am - Netherlands
light soy milk or water depending on the flavor
Most Active