New Years Resolution - What is yours?

notdamomma
on 12/27/19 6:08 am

After I had surgery I had hoped to never have to make a resolution to lose weight again but that isn't the case. For many of us, regain is an issue and here I am once again making that vow to lose this excess weight I put back on. For me, I plan to go back to meal planning and prepping as well as focus on a more balanced diet. I am cutting carbs and sugar again to detox.

I am also making it a habit to get my butt in gear with more exercise this year. I know I need to move more in addition to the dietary changes. I know I can do this, it will just be slower.

What is your New Years Resolution for 2020?

catwoman7
on 12/27/19 6:53 am
RNY on 06/03/15

same as yours! Step up on the exercise, go back to basics with my eating! My ultimate goal is to lose 10 lbs, but I'm going to start with five.

notdamomma
on 12/27/19 7:20 am

Totally agree with setting small goals, more achievable and we won't get discouraged or daunted.

sweetpotato1959
on 12/30/19 8:51 pm

My new years resolutions never pan out... so I have stopped making them. I did not gain this holiday season, ate sensibly...yes i did have some deserts. in very small portions.My blood sugar does not tolerate..many carbs . I dis like being sick- so i pretty much stick to the original diet plan of 90-110 grams of protein and no more than 50 carbs Most of the time. One or two bites does not break my diet.

I am many years post op.. WLS was...in mid 1990's. I have been doing this a while and each of you can do this as well.

So I set goals...Open-ended goals.Progress has been made...but not there yet. My goals are/continue to be: to increase my fitness level... after taking care of my parents for an extended time and giving them 24/7 attention ,and having a sick hubby, and neglecting myself I have been struggling to get my health back on track.

My issues are not only my weight but getting the anemia back under control and once again rebuilding my blood counts back to near normal...I only tolerate one form of iron orally, and it is desiccated organically raised liver. Chronic gastritis is a challenge that interferes with absorption of all nutrients , even the liver capsules are not tolerated when in gastric distress.Each episode of gastritis leaves me less able to tolerate a variety of foods...it is a constant balancing act. Iron infusions are not an option for me.

I remain very close to my goal weight and expect to loose the remaining 8 lbs again before spring.If i can go down another 10 in addition to the 8 would be wonderful,..so I will continue to plug away at it... My weight tends to yo yo within 15 lbs. My biggest gain was about the time my parents died. I did immediately, in 6 weeks, loose 20 lbs from the stress relief once I could sleep more than 3 hours at a time.I lost range of motion in my left hip and have regained that. My Hubby has been very ill ever since we lost 3 of our parents in 6 months. He is getting back on the road to recovery and strengthening- 2 years post cardiac ablation.

Remember.. it is not only your head that controls your weight loss or gain.Nor is it JUST what you eat, it is the hormones. controlling cortisol especially important... learn how to use those hormones to your advantage by controlling the stresses as best you can.

I have a strict weight lifting limit due to vessel dilation, so lifting weights is out.. My goal will be to continue lower body strengthening.. I need to get where i can once again squat..and return to an upright position... My gym will be in my yard once again this year. I am planning a garden and am still preparing planting places for this spring.yes i have help..not doing it alone, but still activity and a lot of it.. The household/yard chores we are doing to build raised garden beds and take care of our few animals is helping increase activity.. Unloading sawdust and shoveling the chicken run to replace with sawdust will give plenty of exercise. In summer i do a lot of the brush trimming and weed eating of our small property.. gather the grass and dry it for hay for the critters, for bedding or eating..

.My setback this year has been pulling a ligament loose near my dominant side,shoulder blade. This injury will rule my life if i do not keep my activity low with this wing...I must keep from reinjuring it so it can properly heal. I have already re hurt it 2x.. .According to information available i will have 30% function/strength by 3-4 months if I do not injure it again...Oh I hurt it chopping up vegetables for soup pot. I think that was the straw that broke the camels back. LOL

Heather_Mill
on 1/2/20 9:59 am

To learn as much as I can about this option so I can make a decision if it is right for me. I have tried everything to lose weight and it just keeps coming back.

Heather

Tidgel
on 1/8/20 9:56 am
RNY on 04/15/19

One of my 2020 goals is to reach out for more support and to better support others!

SuMari
on 1/14/20 10:32 am

I have already made my appointment with my PCP for the end of the month to start (hopefully) the process for surgery or to see the surgeon.

Make little changes to support a healthier lifestyle starting with dinner for my whole family.

Most Active