Other forums vs. BMI <50.

Rayah19
on 12/31/12 4:39 am - HI
RNY on 01/15/13

So I went browsing and I won't say to which just because I don't want to start any drama, but many people replying to others who have questions come off a bit rude. I REALLY love this forum especially because my BMI is over 50 and I don't feel horrible talking to someone who had a WLS just to lose 40lbs. I would love to be their starting weight! How sad is that. Thank you so much to those that reply and give advice and support. I haven't had my surgery yet and I'm scheduled for January 15th but reading everyone's questions, stories and experiences really do help me create a better understanding with this exciting new journey! Just wanted to share how incredible all the men and women are in this forum and just a huge appreciation for the support you all give to someone like me who has a limited supply. 

mickeymantle
on 12/31/12 5:56 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

i agree 100%  people that need to lose 40 lb don't understand people the need to lose 250

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Rayah19
on 12/31/12 7:13 am - HI
RNY on 01/15/13

Right?! I went to a support group for my bariatric program and a woman whose starting weight was 220, had a WLS. I was like really?? And I'm not one to judge, I feel that whatever your reasons are then you have every right just as much as I do, I just feel horrible knowing that I'm jealous of her weight while she's unhappy by it. 

Laura in Texas
on 12/31/12 6:02 am

I agree that we are different. It's nice to have a group where we can share experiences and support each other. I'll admit I can be cranky replying to other people's posts. Sometimes a little "tough-love" is needed. Too many people make excuses and never learn to take responsibility for their actions. So please, the biggest lesson I hope you learn is to forgive yourself for the past and work damn hard to learn good habits and lose the weight for good. You are worth the effort. Believe that!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Rayah19
on 12/31/12 7:03 am - HI
RNY on 01/15/13

Thank you! And I do agree tough love is needed sometimes but some of the posts I read was not tough love. You could tell they were irritated and you could read the sarcasm dripping off the reply. I felt bad for the original poster because that person just had a simple question. However, thank you for the words. I do need to learn that my past has no place in my future! :)

Phatchick
on 12/31/12 6:32 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Hi Rayah,

What a great way to start the new year with WLS. I'm saving you a spot on the loser's bench. Blessings, Sharon

Rayah19
on 12/31/12 7:04 am - HI
RNY on 01/15/13

Thank you so much Sharon! I'm excited to start the new year off right! 

KatCooper
on 12/31/12 6:54 am - Collierville, TN

Welcome to a great forum.  Congrats on your upcoming surgery!

Kat

Lots of 5K's, 10K's., 4 1/2 Marathons, 3 Sprint Triathlon done. 2 Olympics and my  First IRONMAN 70.3 September 2013 and First Full Marathon Dec 2013  !!!!!

My blog- www.NPRunner.blogspot.com

Rayah19
on 12/31/12 7:04 am - HI
RNY on 01/15/13

Thank you Kat! I'm so excited to have found such awesome people! 

acbbrown
on 1/1/13 2:51 am - Granada Hills, CA

This is definitely one of my favorite forums. Ive kind of come to accept the "lightweights" without too much bitterness because we all have our own journeys.....but in terms of getting/receiving advice from them....it's a whole other story. Welcome - and feel free to post as often as you want for support - we are all here for you!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Most Active