Non contact...Adult hockey leagues? Ice skating??

cabin111
on 10/19/11 3:47 am
Just wondering if anyone post op has joined one, or is considering joining one.  I know they cost a lot to join.  Was looking on the internet, most are mixed teams (men and women).  No real contact and no slap shots are allowed.  Thoughts??  I'm cross posting this on a few different forums...Just curious.  PS  Anyone taking up or going back to ice skating??
acbbrown
on 10/19/11 5:03 am - Granada Hills, CA
I've been ice skating a few times - it's a lot of fun. I probably dont get the best workout I could  because im too scared to fall :-p

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

niners04
on 10/19/11 7:13 am - Bedford, TX
It is a blast!  I have played in the past on recreational teams. 

In Tx. they set them up something like this:

I League - An instructional league (meaning a coach is provided) some players can barely stand let alone skate!  But it's all good fun and gives you some of the fundamentals.

D League - Ususally comprised of former I-League players and those just starting out.

C League - Pretty good players.

B League - Lots of former high school players and elders who are in good shape.

A League - I've literally seen former professional players in this league.

If you can hockey stop, skate backwards, and pass, D-league wouldn't be too much to handle.  I've found that since I had surgery I can certainly go a lot longer and a lot faster!  I made a lot of friends and the camaraderie that you form with your teamates is great.  Although it is expensive if you like to skate, you just can't beat it.  (Not to mention it's a heck of a workout).

Good luck and let us know what you decide.
Mikey                
Most Active